• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24-28V Impact

DrJekl

I scored a real nice 24-28V impact kit this week. I found it on a local online for sale site in the tools section. Is in a real nice steel case. It did not have the NATO slave cable recepticle with it but I had a pile them in many states of repair and made one good one. The unit is well made. Looked them up on line and they say the kit is standard issue for a M1A1 tank. I have mixed thoughts on this as I have DeWalt 18V and 36V tools that work great, are smaller and lighter then this beast, and do not have the mile long cord. But, I like the option of being able to plug into the front of the truck and use it when I need it. The DeWalts generally stay in the garage.

Here is a pic. It is a Roboimpact made by Aircraft Dynamics. I have heard of these but never seen one until this one popped up. I think I did okay on it.

Attachments

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1/2 inch or 3/4 inch drive? They make both. Do a search for 'roboimpact' and you should find a bunch of threads. I got one a couple of years ago, but use a 20mm ammo can for a case.

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They come in pretty handy on the deuce thats for sure. Still need to break the lugs loose with a wrench occasionally but it usually does it no problem. Nice score.

rednckii

I have one of these and let me tell you it will put the dewalt impact to shame as far as torque goes. I used my dealt to mount my tires and i put this on afterwards just to see, it turned the lugnuts like they were on the ends not tight already very nice indeed.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have 2 of those at separate locations, you made a huge score if the price was right. The tool is amazing. Easy on the arms as well.[thumbzup]
Your brand looks like a Milwaukee brand. Excellent choice.
Here is a pic of the kit.

Attachments

Last edited:

combat32

They are also standard issue on the M3 Bradley, we broke lots of them.Good for light work on trucks and such but they never held up well for the real heavy stuff, like on tanks and Brads, wish I had one to go with my 1008.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 1/2 inch is good for trucks, the 3/4 is supposed to be used on tracks. Does not always work that way, so they don't always work when they hit the surplus market.

cucv1833

They are also standard issue on the M3 Bradley, we broke lots of them.Good for light work on trucks and such but they never held up well for the real heavy stuff, like on tanks and Brads, wish I had one to go with my 1008.

:ditto:
I would like to have one for my M1009.

I used them in the military breifly and we broke a lot of them one time trying to change track pads for our entire platoon 12-vehicles but thats a little extreme. I know they were standard equiptment on M88's and AAV/C-7

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can get brush holder and brush kits for these when they die.
Not cheap, but worth it. They use some special connectors so it is worth
getting the kit instead of trying to improvise. Don't ask me
how I know this......
Bruce

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I replaced the brushes in mine. MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE.

and the replacement brushes aren't cheap, but hey, it made mine run like new again

I replaced both sets in about an hour.

never hurts to have a spare set laying around, just in case

EDIT - THEY FIT REALLY WELL IN A NIGHT VISION CASE

Last edited:

DrJekl

This one has a nice case with the high speed torque multipliers, extensions, and some other tools I have never used before.

I thought it looked like a Milwuaki brand as well.

Rustygears

I picked up a brand new 3/4" one on auction at a bargain price. It will not loosen rusty A3 lug nuts, but few things do besides a pipe and a breaker bar or a 1" mega impact. It is pretty handy for just about everything else. There are generic sources for cheap brush replacement. The manufacturer gouges you on price because they think they can.

Gunner0311

Light Duty

It sounds like a good idea for you guys out there with "light duty trucks".

I personally prefer to keep a 3/4 inch drive air impact wrench on board and
utilize the truck's air brake system to provide power.

Remember: BIG TOOLS FOR BIG JOBS![thumbzup]

Yeah, I replaced the brushes in mine. MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE.

and the replacement brushes aren't cheap, but hey, it made mine run like new again

I replaced both sets in about an hour.

never hurts to have a spare set laying around, just in case

EDIT - THEY FIT REALLY WELL IN A NIGHT VISION CASE

Do you remember a ballpark figure on what your replacement brushes were?

emr

Awesome tool, great for spinning the nuts off and on, but a 3/4 breaker bar with pipe to remove and final tighten is needed, never just use the gun to tighten the nuts, they need like 600 #s of torque when running the Big tires,Im talking deuces and up, standard 900 or 1100 tires need I think 450 #s torque again more than that gun is going to do, thats what they do at the shop here, . just an fyi , awesome tool and super cool to have on the truck.I love mine...