• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24 bolt Aluminum MRAP wheel valve stem

KE5AFU

I've searched online and on this forum for a couple hours now, finally giving up.

I have a broken valve stem on a 24 bolt aluminum MRAP wheel, it appears to take a 1/4" NPT, but now I'm wondering if it's a metric thread. I found a 1/4" NPT to Schrader valve, but it doesn't want to thread into the hole properly. Has anyone run into this before or know a source for getting these?

Thanks,

- Matt

Pics attached of broken valve, attempted replacement valve, and wheel.

20170530_165205.jpg20170530_114219.jpg20170530_135827.jpg

Prospector GM

Hey Matt

I had the same problem on my 24 bolt aluminum MRAP wheels. The wheels are 1/4'' NPT, but the threads start at the larger end of the spectrum. The valve stems are tank valves. I called Huchinsons and got there supplier's info. and ordered them direct. They were easy to deal with. If I find the contact info. I will send you a PM. :driver::driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks