• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24 Volt Bulbs

darr3239

I have a broken side marker light bulb. I searched and haven't found any place that has just the bulb. There must be a good source for 24 volt replacement bulbs?

jasonjc

Any good auto parts store has or can get them. Get the # off the bulb and ask for that don't try asking for a 24volt bulb for an army truck, you'll just get the deer in the headlight look.

Mike82ndABN

I took one out last week, its a GE 1251. The base has one conductor on the bottom, and the sides have two posts that twist into the receptacle (bayonet style?).

Quick note.. don't try and take these out or put them in while the light system is energized, even wiggling them can cause some nice arcing/sparking which can melt the plastic spring loaded base behind the bulb and cause you to have to buy a new housing.

darr3239

Great. That's the one Mike.

Mine has PL instead of GE, and since the bulb came off I had to take it out with some pliers. Of course the plier went right were the number was, but I'm pretty sure that's the number.

Maybe if I could have read the number a search on the net would have revealed one Diz. Without the number I got nuthin. I need it now so the auto parts store is the next stop.

Thanks

Last edited:

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a bunch of bulbs. Give me the part number and I'll see if I have one to sell y'all.

2w091

I just changed my two rear marker light assemblies, we used the truck today during a windstorm, one of the lights blew, I had the same question. As always the answer was accurate and quick.............:-D

2w091

Grainger had the GE 1251's for $2.86. I had both rear markers go out.
I changed the marker assemblies with new ones, I also changed out the mounting bolts which were very rusted and brittle. I had to break most of them off while trying to remove the nut. I replaced them with stainless steel screws, washers and nuts, does stainless make a difference when you put back the ground onto the washer and nut? I had both lights blow filaments in a short time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks