• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24 volt Dome Light and Tail light bulbs - I found some

Jimma

I needed 24v bulbs to replace my dome light bulbs in my armored car / tank dome light that I bought to install in my M35a2. I went to Orielly's and they would not even attempt to look up anything 24 volt. I was sent to NAPA and the small local shop in Hartwell, GA had a box of about 12 of them on the shelf and sold them individually. They said 24 volt stuff is no problem. Its funny how some people act like you have the plague if you ask about 24 volt stuff and other stores have it right on the shelf.:p

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why not include the part number for the bulb you bought? It may help the next guy!

Bill W

NAPA is great for 24v bulbs
24v mini boyonet bulb 1829 ( instrument panel lights)
24v single contact 1251 ( 3 candle power ) or for brake lights 1683 ( 32 candle power ) I believe park/service lights are 1691 ( 15 candle power )

Funny you should mention dome light install as I just got done tacking on my dome light bracket in my deuce.

Attachments

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its funny how some people act like you have the plague if you ask about 24 volt stuff and other stores have it right on the shelf.:p
The difference is that NAPA caters more to the people that accually know how to do their own repairs and modifications.

Orielly's, Auto Zone, etc cater more to the people that are trying to learn how to work on their own stuff. Unless you have a standard production passenger vehicle they are little to no help. They may accually have the part you need but unless the vehicle it's going on is in their computer they will never find it.

I blew a hose on my Freightliner in a Autozone parking lot one time. It was a 1" coolant hose about 3" long. I went into the Auto Zone and asked for a length of 1" hose. First thing they wanted to know was what it was going on. I told them (knowing it wouldn't be in their computer) and the guy said " I can't help you with that". Knowing they had a piece of 1" hose in the place somewhere, I finally asked if I could go back and look for myself. He pointed me to the back wall where there were 100s of hoses hanging. I found one that had several bends in it but had a 3" straight secton (I think it fit some sort of Honda). I took my pocket knife and cut the 3" section out and installed it. The employees were amazed and a couple of them even came out in the parking lot to watch me perform this miraculous task.

jeep-Jeep

a buddy told me that autozone could not sell him a part to repair my high lift because it had to match up to what it was built to install on .
He went to napa:grd: and got a ford relay and napa sold it to him

kipman

I have 80, cm 1309 bulbs, fit the running light socket in my deuce, dual filament, nsn 6240-01-496-3561, nsn did not tell me much, some else may have better luck.

1redgmc

28v bulbs - best site i've found yet

Thought you guys might be interested in this site. Don't waste your hard earned $$ on eBay sellers and surplus (NOS) discounters - use this vendor to get brand new 28V bulbs for all your MV's:

1000bulbs.com

When I say CHEAP (as in inexpensive and high quality) - I'm talking a CASE of (10) 28 Volt / 1864 / 1,500 hour bulbs for $1.11 (11 cents each).

How about a CASE of (10) 28 Volt / 1251 bulbs for $1.78

That ain't good enough? How about a CASE of (10) 28 Volt 623's for $3.22

On my last deal, I ordered (11) cases of mixed 28V bulbs for my deuce for a total of $22.89 (that is for 110 bulbs) plus FedEx shipping of $9.93 making a grand total of $32.82

That's an average of 30 cents per bulb - delivered. After six months - I have yet to have a single failure. I replaced ALL my bulbs and they are indeed much brighter now - especially the dash lights.

If someone can find them cheaper - please let us know!

Before I found this site, I paid $13+ on eBay for (3) dash bulbs! aua

I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

[thumbzup]

caliber1

Just a heads up, if you are in a jam and need a bulb. Most bus shops carry 24 volt stuff too. Got two front marker bulbs Tuesday from ABC bus around the corner for $1.50. Cheapest parts I've ever got there. While most new coaches are all LED, most of the earlier ones were 24VDC incandescent bulbs. MCI, Prevost, Van Hool as an example.

MtnSnow

This thread just saved me a nice bit of green....which allows me to spend the left over green on the big green iron!

Jeepguy77

I feel stupid but I went to web site and can seem to find those bulbs. Is there something I need to type into search other than 1683 or 623?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks