• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24 Volt LED Questions

WildernessJeep

So I'm preparing to get my M936 (waiting on EUC since 8.21.2019), and I have some 24 volt system questions:

One of the best upgrades I did on my jeep and F 250 was changing every bulb over to LED. The Jeep took a digital flasher, and the F250 fast flash can be turned off in the computer. Both of them are super-bright now, both inside and out. But the M936? What to do? Am I to understand that every bulb on the whole truck is actually running on 24 volts? The headlights and everything? I was planning to change the dash lights out to LED, but do I need to get special 24 volt LED's? I see they have 24 volt to 12 volt converters on Amazon for cheap, and was planning to do that so I can charge a cell phone and stuff in the truck, but would I need to rewire every light to take 12 volts? I'm really confused.

Also, if anyone knows if I can operate the crane while driving the truck (yes two operators) that would be a bonus question answered.

Attachments

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can change all the lights over to LED without converting to 12V. Yes, all lights are 24V. Not sure if you'll have flasher issues or not.

No, you can't operate the crane while driving. If the PTO is engaged, the driveline is not.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
So I'm preparing to get my M936 (waiting on EUC since 8.21.2019), and I have some 24 volt system questions:

One of the best upgrades I did on my jeep and F 250 was changing every bulb over to LED. The Jeep took a digital flasher, and the F250 fast flash can be turned off in the computer. Both of them are super-bright now, both inside and out. But the M936? What to do? Am I to understand that every bulb on the whole truck is actually running on 24 volts? The headlights and everything? I was planning to change the dash lights out to LED, but do I need to get special 24 volt LED's? I see they have 24 volt to 12 volt converters on Amazon for cheap, and was planning to do that so I can charge a cell phone and stuff in the truck, but would I need to rewire every light to take 12 volts? I'm really confused.

Also, if anyone knows if I can operate the crane while driving the truck (yes two operators) that would be a bonus question answered.
Member swampdonkey has the LED kits for the 939 series trucks. If you put LED bulbs in those dash sockets they will be too close to the covers and will melt them. You need to space the sockets back

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
LEDS in 24v when they first came out were $$$$ but now they are about the same a 12v bulb. Google is your friend, a lot of LED bulbs out there now are muti-volt with a range from 12-24VDC and 24V DOT headlights are there too. Using a 24 down to 12 converter is great for cell charging and other 12v options you may want to add. Upgrading to LED headlights on my MV's was the best thing I ever did, oh and seats too! https://www.amazon.com/TURBOSII-App...words=24V+led+headlight&qid=1577637119&sr=8-6

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks