• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24 volt to 12 volt converter sharing ground

rtadams89

Specific to a 24v to 12v converter like seen here http://www.thosemilitaryguys.com/24-volt-to-12-volt-converter/ , can the 12v negative lead from the converter be tied to the vehicle's frame (and therefore share the same ground as the 24 volt system) or do the 12v accessories need to be wired directly to the 12v negative terminal of the converter? As I cant find a schematic for that type of converter, I'm hesitant to just hook it up and hope for the best.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use a Pyle brand 24v to 12v converter in all of my trucks and everything in the trucks is grounded to the chassis without a single problem.

avman

A ground is a ground. In my business we run both AC and DC on the same circuit. Ground is a Ground which is nothing but a reference point. Think about your house or business with 2 phases of 120V or even three phase power. It is all a common ground point.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks