• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24th arizona military vehicle show january 24-25, 2015

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Well, we got snow and ice today. This is having a trickle-down effect, among other issues going on. FMJ and I are going to have to bail on this one. Sorry folks.

Last edited:

Welder Sam

No. Wanted to see how it was first. A couple of us were turned off by the group management.. We'll say.. I saw Mark and Matt. Always good seeing folks.

Last edited:

63foxtrot

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Albert, Matt, John, and the Gang. JOB WELL DONE. We had a great time, good show, lots of MVs, great location, and hooter girls too. loved it. see you next year.

AZDeuce

I had planned on bringing my Deuce down, but as I pulled into the Love's station to top her off, I smelled coolant, I jumped out of the truck ran around the front to see my coolant pouring out the bottom tank of the radiator, I had a friend patch it for me, and been driving it for 4 months but it decided to let go the morning of the show. DOH! I was only a block from home, so jumped in and got her parked in the yard safely. My M1009 was down due to a bad cell in the #1 battery, I had to wait until 0800 for Autozone to open and get a new battery, at least it was pro-rated, and didn't cost me full price. Put it in the CUCV and she fired right up did some checks with the voltmeter and all was well, so headed for the show.

Glad I went, got to see most of my long time friends that I only see once a year, but everybody was pretty busy selling stuff, so I didn't get to visit a lot, but it was a good turn out of vehicles including a few pieces of armor (M3 scout car, Bren Carrier, FV342 (?) British tracked personnel carrier, and a M114) lots of big trucks, M37s and jeeps of all types, including a nice USMC M170 belonging to my friend Rudy. Lots of vendors that seemed to be pretty busy, I had my camera in my hand the whole time and never took a single picture...DOH! I thought it was a good turnout.

Another Ahab

Glad I went, got to see most of my long time friends that I only see once a year, but everybody was pretty busy selling stuff, so I didn't get to visit a lot, but it was a good turn out of vehicles including a few pieces of armor (M3 scout car, Bren Carrier, FV342 (?) British tracked personnel carrier, and a M114) lots of big trucks, M37s and jeeps of all types, including a nice USMC M170 belonging to my friend Rudy. Lots of vendors that seemed to be pretty busy, I had my camera in my hand the whole time and never took a single picture...DOH! I thought it was a good turnout.
Unless you're a professional photographer, easy to do. That's funny.

Last edited:

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Albert, Matt, John, and the Gang. JOB WELL DONE. We had a great time, good show, lots of MVs, great location, and hooter girls too. loved it. see you next year.
Thanks for coming all the way from CA with your Trucks and Trailers!! Good to see you!!

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good to see you as always. Thanks for bringing your trucks!

I had planned on bringing my Deuce down, but as I pulled into the Love's station to top her off, I smelled coolant, I jumped out of the truck ran around the front to see my coolant pouring out the bottom tank of the radiator, I had a friend patch it for me, and been driving it for 4 months but it decided to let go the morning of the show. DOH! I was only a block from home, so jumped in and got her parked in the yard safely. My M1009 was down due to a bad cell in the #1 battery, I had to wait until 0800 for Autozone to open and get a new battery, at least it was pro-rated, and didn't cost me full price. Put it in the CUCV and she fired right up did some checks with the voltmeter and all was well, so headed for the show.

Dang, I didn't see you there, Tom.

Last edited:

rcarteraz

I went out on Saturday about noon. It was pretty neat. Was able to get up into agazza2's trailer which is pretty nice. Walked around looking at all the nice vehicles out there and it made me want one even more. Thanks to all who went out. I'll probably return next year... Fingers crossed it will be with my own MV but we'll see.

bigkaiser

I have to agree with Welder Sam on this event. I am from Washington and was in Vegas for the Shot Show, which made it easy to detour to Phoenix before heading home. Pretty small show, and unlike most past pics of the event I have seen, there were no tanks to look at. I would probably attend if I lived there, but I would not suggest traveling from another state. To top it off, I tried to buy a t-shirt in medium size and was told the club had medium, but they were destined to be given away for free at the event. I pointed out the fact that I was willing to pay for one of the shirts that they were going to lose money on. I even offered to buy a bigger shirt then trade it for one of the medium ones so they could feel better about how many shirts they had to give away. Same end result, right!? I am an Arizona native, down from Washington State where I am the treasurer for the Puget Sound Military Vehicle Collectors Club and would have liked to advertise your club to my clubs up here. If one of my club members had been this unprofessional, I would have chewed some serious ass.

agazza2

Great Show, Thanks to everyonme that volunteered.

Enjoyed the show, thanks for all the volunteers from the club that helped with all the commitments. I am sure they would have rather been seeing the vehicles and being able to spend time with friends. So I have to say it is greatly appreciated the time you dedicated to the event. I heard that tanks and other vehicles could not attend due to vacations and other commitments, so even though there was less, it still was a great show in nice weather. They had plenty of fenced in space available if everyone could have made it. Here are a few photos that I was able to take at the show when I was not showing the 400+ people that walked through my trailer.

20150124_083117.jpg20150124_083254.jpg20150124_083220.jpg20150124_083209.jpg20150124_083134.jpg20150124_083038.jpg20150124_083046.jpg20150124_083057.jpg20150124_083109.jpg20150124_083344.jpg20150124_083418.jpg20150124_083431.jpg20150124_083441.jpg20150124_083449.jpg20150124_083458.jpg20150124_083533.jpg20150124_084048.jpg20150124_084103.jpg20150124_083407.jpg20150124_093443.jpg

Another Ahab

I count a few good pieces of armor in the line-up; maybe not "tanks" by strict definition (i.e. the Weasel), but tracked-armor for sure. Nice.

Trailer looks great; and liking the brush guard on the Pinz also, never seen that set-up before. Looked like a good show. Thanks for the photo-record.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks