• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24th arizona military vehicle show january 24-25, 2015

Woodsplinter

I have to agree with Welder Sam on this event. I am from Washington and was in Vegas for the Shot Show, which made it easy to detour to Phoenix before heading home. Pretty small show, and unlike most past pics of the event I have seen, there were no tanks to look at. I would probably attend if I lived there, but I would not suggest traveling from another state. To top it off, I tried to buy a t-shirt in medium size and was told the club had medium, but they were destined to be given away for free at the event. I pointed out the fact that I was willing to pay for one of the shirts that they were going to lose money on. I even offered to buy a bigger shirt then trade it for one of the medium ones so they could feel better about how many shirts they had to give away. Same end result, right!? I am an Arizona native, down from Washington State where I am the treasurer for the Puget Sound Military Vehicle Collectors Club and would have liked to advertise your club to my clubs up here. If one of my club members had been this unprofessional, I would have chewed some serious ass.
I have no idea what you are talking about- we didn't give any shirts away. The small and medium sizes sold out right away.

Another Ahab

To top it off, I tried to buy a t-shirt in medium size and was told the club had medium, but they were destined to be given away for free at the event. I pointed out the fact that I was willing to pay for one of the shirts that they were going to lose money on. I even offered to buy a bigger shirt then trade it for one of the medium ones so they could feel better about how many shirts they had to give away. Same end result, right!?
I have no idea what you are talking about- we didn't give any shirts away. The small and medium sizes sold out right away.

mystery.jpg

bigkaiser

.......So the XXXL (round, not scary) guy in the t-shirt booth made up the whole "Hooters girls giving away the four medium shirts to kids" at noon story, instead of just saying sold out??! W.T.F?

rob762x51

BigKaiser,

I'm the fat man behind the t-shirt counter and vaguely remember saying we'd already grabbed what we had in tiny sizes (everything smaller than me is tiny, HA!) to give to the Hooter's girls. This was not BS, it was truth. We did give out shirts to small children (via hooter's girls... hmmm). They were already away from the sale table and in the field. I may have also mis-spoke as there was Youth-Medium sized shirts- not Adult sized mediums in play... It was confusing to me as well, but we did not have a medium to give you. We are a very casual, volunteer oriented club. It was not my desire to top off a bad experience. Medium sized and smaller had not sold well for years and this year we did not order any in that size. Inventory is not tightly monitored or cataloged. If there was a medium crushed in the bottom of a box somewhere it was from 2005 when it was last ordered. Unprofessional? Yes, and may I say, rightly so. I'm just an MV guy who came to so many shows I ended up behind a club table. I'm not a t-shirt sales guy. However, if I have added to a fellow MVer's disappointment, I must try to make amends. We WILL order medium shirts this year and if you will supply an address down the line, I will make sure you get two. Again, so sorry for your negative experience with the Amvcc. If other's had a poor experience or would like to make suggestions on how to improve, I am listening.

bigkaiser

Rob,
Thank you, both for the clarification and explanations. It is good news that you will be ordering shirts that I can wear. I am from Mesa and would love to "promote" your club by wearing Arizona clothing up here in Washington. I would gladly purchase shirts when they come available. Again, thank you.

Don Olson
Washington State

Another Ahab

. Unprofessional? Yes, and may I say, rightly so. I'm just an MV guy who came to so many shows I ended up behind a club table. I'm not a t-shirt sales guy. However, if I have added to a fellow MVer's disappointment, I must try to make amends. We WILL order medium shirts this year and if you will supply an address down the line, I will make sure you get two. Again, so sorry for your negative experience with the Amvcc. If other's had a poor experience or would like to make suggestions on how to improve, I am listening.
Now THAT is customer service; doesn't get any better.

You could write the book on it, rob762x51;well done and kudos to you.

rob762x51

Rob,
Thank you, both for the clarification and explanations. It is good news that you will be ordering shirts that I can wear. I am from Mesa and would love to "promote" your club by wearing Arizona clothing up here in Washington. I would gladly purchase shirts when they come available. Again, thank you.

Don Olson
Washington State
Don,

We are ordering our t-shirts for the 2016 show. Medium is high on my list! Please re-email me your shipping address for your two shirts. Send into to: rob@armytrucks.org Thanks!

sincerely,
Rob Lippert
AMVCC Phoenix

bigkaiser

I am very happy to say that Rob from the AMVCC club was able to order and surprise me with a couple of size medium Arizona Military Vehicle Collectors Club t-shirts. As a (less robust) Arizona native, I will be proud to wear these shirts around the Pacific Northwest, and look forward to the conversations that are sure to ignite because of them! A hearty Thank You to Rob! You are an asset to your club.
Don Olson
PSMVCC, MVCCO

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks