• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24v & 12v questions.

2deuce

I was wondering how long that might take to equalize. The first 50% would be faster than the last, but how long is that? Would 1 hour be enough to be significant? Would running the headlights with the truck charging help pull more from the charged battery and aid in equalization? It seems like it might help against overcharging. Am I way off with this thinking?

rmgill

The problem is that a battery with a different state of charge that's in a series string of batteries has a different resistance to the charging current than the other battery(ies). The one that is fully charged gets over charged and the one that is under charged doesn't get enough current for a proper charge. So, over time you end up killing one battery by over charging and the other one by draining. Best to charge them fully and run loads off of them equally.

ojsdna744

But...

...back to his original question, how would you get a 24V powered unit operating in a CUCV that has been converted to 12 volts? Like....oh I dunno....powering a 24V radio in my CUCV? I passed on buying a radio from Gasser this weekend because of this issue. How could this be done simply?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks