• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24v battery charger/jumpstarter

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know of a reasonably priced 24v charger with enough juice to start a deuce with a failing battery? I'm going to sell my deuce (as a parts truck) but it doesn't have enough juice to start it. I want to be able to have it run for any potential buyer, but I don't want/need an expensive charger that would cost more than the batteries. I've looked around but can't find any through the usual places like Autozone, Harbor Freight, NAPA, etc. Thanks.

Dock Rocker

Anyone know of a reasonably priced 24v charger with enough juice to start a deuce with a failing battery? I'm going to sell my deuce (as a parts truck) but it doesn't have enough juice to start it. I want to be able to have it run for any potential buyer, but I don't want/need an expensive charger that would cost more than the batteries. I've looked around but can't find any through the usual places like Autozone, Harbor Freight, NAPA, etc. Thanks.
I would just buy a good 12v charger and charge the batteries individually. Chances are you already have one of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TGP (IL)

I doubt you will find a 24 volt charger with boost for less than the price of batteries.
You can get a 24volt trickle charger or Deltran battery maintainer, but those too are
Over $120.00+
Tom

Big Z

My 24v jumper is a 12v vehicle. I just hook cables (from 12v vehicle) up to 1 battery on the deuce for a few minutes..then switch the cables to the other battery for a bit and start it.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I doubt you will find a 24 volt charger with boost for less than the price of batteries.
You can get a 24volt trickle charger or Deltran battery maintainer, but those too are
Over $120.00+
Tom
That's what I was afraid of...Maybe I'll try Craigslist or Fleabay and take my chances on getting something that's hot or a serial killer...

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
That's what I was afraid of...Maybe I'll try Craigslist or Fleabay and take my chances on getting something that's hot or a serial killer...
Get two 24Fs from walmart. About $50 each. Rig up two cables to a slave cable port and put em on a dolly and wheel it out to the truck when you. Need to. Attach the slave and let her rip

I can send you a slave port if you need an extra one for no charge John.
Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

cjcottrill

You should be able to go to your local interstate battery distribution center and ask for a couple “blemish” g31 batteries or reconditioned batteries. I have used Columbus and Circleville successfully. Total cost for 2 batteries is usually 75-100 dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks