• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24V Battery Charger Questions, who makes a good one?

therooster2001

Who makes a good 24v battery charger..

Get a smart one. Noco Genius as well. Great support from company. I charge through the slave port as well.

Last edited:

Roaddog58

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I purchased a 24vt alternator, and a 5.5 motor(harbor freight) and mounted on a frame, cut ends off pair of jumpers and it works great. Also have a 12vt one too.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have had great service out of the NOCO genius. It does 12v and 24v. They offer one up to 26 amps. I have the 7 amp version and put a slave end on one of the quick connects. It works great to throw on all my green gear. Swap to the clamps and it works on all my 12v stuff.

NOCO Genius G7200 12V/24V 7.2A UltraSafe Smart Battery Charger https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004LWTHP2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_nYnGAb3JJ0D3V

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gets my vote as well. I love mine and it has served me well for several years.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another vote for NOCO Genius. I have a few of them and all do what they do, quite well.

BEASTMASTER

like 11ECHO I found an old charger from an elec.wheelchair. I paid $20 for it 10 yrs ago. u can check you're medical stores or even parts store, where I got mine, maybe even nursing home or elderly care centers. one guy told me he uses an old charger for golf carts. some of them are 24,36, and 48 volt.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
I have the Noco G7200 and use it with a slave port connector.

I also use it in 12v mode to charge the 2 batteries by themselves to make sure they are even. And many other 12v batteries in other vehicles.

The 24v charging is good to keep them maintained. Its also good to check them by themselves to ensure 1 cell is not failing, or other issues.

It never hurts to put a load test on each battery and charge it back up every so often too.

Bmxenbrett

Is the noco G7200 water resistant? Many times i need to charge a battery in a vehicle outside.

I do also have a PRO mantainer but that is connected to my group 31 ham radio battery. That is a very nice charger and very hands off but cost alot of money too.

Bmxenbrett

Is the noco G7200 water resistant? Many times i need to charge a battery in a vehicle outside.

I do also have a PRO mantainer but that is connected to my group 31 ham radio battery. That is a very nice charger and very hands off but cost alot of money too.

Chainbreaker

I currently have several Battery Minder 1500's to charge 2 12v batteries in all my gensets and they work very well. However, I would definitely consider the Noco single unit 2 bank 12v charger as an alternative:

https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GENM2-W...sr=8-1&keywords=Noco+12V+8+amp+2+bank+charger

Edit: One difference between the referenced Battery Minder 1500 and above NOCO model is that the Battery Minder has a temperature sensor that facilitates temperature compensated charging.

Last edited:

Overdrive

Thumbs up for the Genius G7200 smart charger less than $100. 12/24V, AGM/Sealed/standard, repair feature, and can leave it connected for maintenance/float. I Recovered all 4 of the 6TL batteries on my LMTV. Been using them for years. Not a lot of amps in 24v mode (7A 12v, 3.5A 24V if I remember correctly) but still works great!

Genius1.jpg

OD

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks