• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24V Battery Tender hook up?

BERZERKER888

Steel Soldiers Supporter
which battery posts would a 24v 2.5amp battery tender be installed on... stock 4 battery OEM setup....

Ronmar

Doesn’t matter which really as long as the battery terminals have good connection. connect +24 to one of the two terminals near the frame and connect the ground lead to one of the two terminals farthest from the frame. since there is a 12v vampire load, if this is for a long term storage, I would disconnect the 12v lead from the end of the pigtail that ties the 4 middle battery terminals together.

When you pull 12v out of the middle of a bank that is only receiving 24V input, it causes one battery to undercharge(0-12v) and the other to overcharge(12-24v)… The dual voltage alternators prime function is to compensate for 12v being pulled out of the middle to try and keep the batteries healthy And balanced…

And of course for overall health of both batteries and alternator, lose 2 of those batteries(4 is gross milspec overkill). Keep one inner and one outer and the alt will have a much easier time keeping them in a happy place…

ramdough

Just throwing this out there….

If you did a 24v charger, I would have a battery balancer so you do not overcharge one of your batteries.

I have a balancer (not installed yet), but I have mine for another reason.

For my charger, I have a two bank 12v Noco charger. Each charger bank is independent so I have one bank set between 12v and ground while the other bank is set between the 24v and 12v. It was a bit odd connecting the hot from one bank to the ground of the other on the charger. The advantage of my setup is that if one bank is low, it will independently charge to capacity without overcharging the high batteries. One bank may be floating while the other is still charging. The setup works great! Plus, 12v chargers are usually cheaper.

Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronmar

Just throwing this out there….

If you did a 24v charger, I would have a battery balancer so you do not overcharge one of your batteries.

I have a balancer (not installed yet), but I have mine for another reason.

For my charger, I have a two bank 12v Noco charger. Each charger bank is independent so I have one bank set between 12v and ground while the other bank is set between the 24v and 12v. It was a bit odd connecting the hot from one bank to the ground of the other on the charger. The advantage of my setup is that if one bank is low, it will independently charge to capacity without overcharging the high batteries. One bank may be floating while the other is still charging. The setup works great! Plus, 12v chargers are usually cheaper.

Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But worth more than .02…

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks