• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24V starters and solenoids on eBay, are they good?

DrJekl

I have a pile of smoked starters that I'd like to get rebuilt but the cost is rather high. There are starters on eBay for $100 delivered and solenoids for $36. The price seems pretty cheap and I assume you get what you pay for. A rebuild is probably going to run me the same money. Is the stuff these guys sell on ebay any good?

lavarok

I'd have a stock starter rebuilt before buying a newer after market item any day. Around here, I can get starters rebuilt for under $100 and that is with a new solenoid. Of course, I know my local auto electric guy pretty well so he doesn't gouge me.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd have a stock starter rebuilt before buying a newer after market item any day. Around here, I can get starters rebuilt for under $100 and that is with a new solenoid. Of course, I know my local auto electric guy pretty well so he doesn't gouge me.
I'd agree, except the gear reduction starters are the cats a**! At about half the weight, roughly twice the speed, and less draw, these are the way to go.
DB Electric (on Ebay) has, or had them for $125 delivered. Both of my CUCVs have these and they start far better than the OEM starters, especially in the winter.

warriorbob

i bought a starter off ebay and bought a solenoid too only to find out when i got the starter it came with a solenoid lol... It runs good and no problems

kubota_247

I just had a starter put in my Freightshaker. It was $376.04 exchange plus labor.
I would have kisses the guy if it was only $100-125.
I wouldn't hesitate if the seller was reputable.
JMO