• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24v system

NovacaineFix

I have installed them and put them to good use...they are cheap compared to other chicom junk for more money on the market. They are fully submersible, fused, and have both 12 and 24v feeds....what else do want?
I will keep buying them and using them as long as they are available for this cheap.
I'm sure they have a use and probably a good one, but for the original poster houstonrealtor, I don't think this is the solution to his issue with installing a stereo and amp in his HMMWV.

Sorry, Steve, if you took offense to the product, none intended. If it works for what you need, then go for it.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys please remember that posting of eBay or craigslist links or items is not allowed unless said item belongs to you. It is in the Forum rules.

I know it was only a question but is still not allowed.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sure they have a use and probably a good one, but for the original poster houstonrealtor, I don't think this is the solution to his issue with installing a stereo and amp in his HMMWV

Sorry, Steve, if you took offense to the product, none intended. If it works for what you need, then go for it.
no offense taken....lol it's all good. But I think it would work for the OP as well.
i have a customer slantback here that is heavily...and I mean heavily modified for all kinds of electronics gear...it's all running off of a Pulse tech unit I mounted in the right rear seat box.
i will snap a pic today....

Last edited:

houstonrealtor

no offense taken....lol it's all good. But I think it would work for the OP as well.
i have a customer slantback here that is heavily...and I mean heavily modified for all kinds of electronics gear...it's all running off of a Pulse tech unit I mounted in the right rear seat box.
i will snap a pic today....
Does the unit work as an equalizer without the solar panel? I really don't like the idea of running a solar panel off of the vehicle. I cant find clear instructions on the unit but it seems as it only works with a solar panel.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You don't need the solar panel...but an imbalance would still occur on the 12v side...that's why I said to upgrade the Gen to 200amp with the 14v supply to go to the rear battery. The pulse tech will give you fused 12 and 24v taps for various components. The solar panel is not a charger. It's the equivenent to the solargizers, more of a battery maintainer.
the battery checker box is available elsewhere that goes with this unit for as cheap as 15.00 on epay.

NovacaineFix

There you go, Houstonrealtor, this looks like it should work, then.

Just as a precaution, if you use this set-up, still do your PMC's just to ensure that your charging system and batterie(s) are in tip-top shape. This way if an imbalance situation is slowly occurring, you should see it in a voltage reading on one of the batteries. If you are like me, I like to keep a spreadsheet of my PMC checklist so that I don't have to try to remember what the readings were on the last check.

houstonrealtor

Here is a few items on this unit
Here is a few items on this unit
So how do you wire this up? a hot and ground on one battery then connect whatever you have through the fuses or odes it connect through both batteries?

There you go, Houstonrealtor, this looks like it should work, then.

Just as a precaution, if you use this set-up, still do your PMC's just to ensure that your charging system and batterie(s) are in tip-top shape. This way if an imbalance situation is slowly occurring, you should see it in a voltage reading on one of the batteries. If you are like me, I like to keep a spreadsheet of my PMC checklist so that I don't have to try to remember what the readings were on the last check.
How do you do this? Just connect a multi meter to each battery to make sure the voltage is the same?

NovacaineFix

I would refer the wiring part to Retiredwarhorses, as he has used them and I am not familiar with that particular device, sorry.

I would assume that there would be some online pdf file for wiring, but again, don't know. If anyone else is more familiar with this product, please feel free to comment to help a fellow SS member out.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's quite simple folks....one pos lead to the 24v pos side of the front battery, one to the rear 12v pos battery side, and ground.
now the unit has both 12 and 24volts to be supplied out on its water proof fused connections.
my only recommendation is to run a grounding strip to your radio tray, the Pulsetech unit does not supply grounds, only positive ...so just run a decent ground from the ground shunt or battery.
This is very simple unit folks...IMO, if your are not ready to tackle 24v electrical wiring...take it to someone who knows how. You can weld steeel plate with 24volts, it will cause quit a mess if done wrong.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks