• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24VDC Starting power connector on MEP's

jas67

What is a good source for the male plug to connect 24V starting current to start an MEP (my MEP-026C, and two ORD/28's don't have onboard batteries, or a spot for one), just this big round connector with two round pins that appear to be about 6mm in dia.

Thanks,
Jay

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can also get the whole slave cable. They are fairly plentiful and you can also find them on E-bay. What are you using for a power source? If you have an MV, you can plug the slave cable directly in and you are in business.

jas67

You can also get the whole slave cable. They are fairly plentiful and you can also find them on E-bay. What are you using for a power source? If you have an MV, you can plug the slave cable directly in and you are in business.
I don't have any MV's, but have a 24VDC battery bank for my backup power system (a pair of 3600W Xantrex inverters stacked for 240/120VAC output). I can also use one of the running 28VDC MEP's to start (or attempt to start) the other MEPs that I'm working on.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't have any MV's, but have a 24VDC battery bank for my backup power system (a pair of 3600W Xantrex inverters stacked for 240/120VAC output). I can also use one of the running 28VDC MEP's to start (or attempt to start) the other MEPs that I'm working on.
This sounds like you might be better off with the entire slave cable. You could then slave between your MEP026C, either of your ORD/28s, and/or your 24 VDC battery pack. You would need to buy a slave cable receptacle for a few dollars and wire it permanently to the 24 VDC battery pack. I'm assuming the ORD28s have slave receptacles - I'm not familiar with those gensets.
Just a thought.