• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24volt electrical wipers

fasthuhpat

Oklahoma newbe here. I have been tinkering on my deuce that i picked up at Ft riley in october. I decided i did not want air wipers so i went on ebay and found some universal 24 volt adjustable wiper motors. Some guy in Canada had these two and i bought them both. (about $100.00) I found similar ones online but they were more like $150.00 each!Ouch!! I mounted them through the outer window frame and not the small frame around the window itself, they fit perfect! I will have to remove the wiper arms to open the front windshild, but i dont plan on doing that anyway. I bought a wiper switch at Speedway Motors for 10 bucks and a plastic hobby box at Radio shack ($4.99) the yellow wire is the power feed and i have not mounted it in the pictures. The wiper motors are adjustable for left or right park possision and the sweep goes from 50 -110 degree. Let me know what you think. Oh and yes I have since painted the arms od green. The motors have a flat crinkle finish.

Attachments

jwaller

matches the weird tires. if you knew how much I open the front windows you woulnt make them unuseable. even in winter I need to crack them open to keep them defrosted. at least it has a awesome paint job in the pic.

fasthuhpat

This was pretty easy to do. It only took about an hour from start to finish.

weird tires? Almost all the trucks at the auction had the same Goodyear tires on them ( i asume it was because they were all Neb. National gaurd trucks). On mine all 11 are brand new.I checked , the windows still open about 1.5" for airflow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks