• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

250 cummins fuel in oil

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It may be a simple O ring or gasket. The fuel goes between heads in a tube.

Pull the valve covers and look for a loose tube.

The whole fuel system is always pressurized and the injectors are mechanical.

laxcc18

Thank you I'll try see if I can see anything . I was trying to find info I saw some stuff about injectors staying open but not sure if that would dump fuel into the oil as well

wrenchturner6238

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The best way to find the leak remove the valve cover remove the return line, get a bottle of florescent dye mix up a gallon of fuel with dye install a pump to build some psi in heads you will need to flow some dyed fuel first. (hand pump like the prime pump that is on the truck) pressure up the system and take a black light to find where the leak is. You will see some seepage from all of the injectors but you are looking for a big leak. I am not sure how good of friends you are with your local truck shop but the most likely have all the stuff you need and possibly let you barrow a black light and by the dye from them.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look up the part number in the TM, and then google it.

Or go to your local Cummins shop with your engine info.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
You can call cummins and give them the engine serial number from the metal data tag on the timing cover and they can tell you all.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I just told you what to do. Call Cummins directly and give them the engine serial number they will tell you what parts and you will be able to order them from Cummins.

wrenchturner6238

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might be able to take your engine S/N and CPL #'s from the data plate on the engine and call or go in to the Cummings dealer and have them look it up the o-rings should not be that expensive even from the dealer.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Which TM you been looking in?

This seems to have it.

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you're looking for item #17, it is Cummins part number 3007759.

laxcc18

It did indeed end up being an bad o-ring on one of the injectors. I went ahead and bought a couple of injector re-build kits off e-bay to fix it up. Doesn't seem to leak anymore just working on getting the timing adjusted on the pump so i can get it back on the road. Thanks for the help everyone!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks