• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

250 fuel shut off

Bandit02

So....

I did that dual fuel line mod ages ago and for whatever reason today I used the emergency shut off after a drive and it doesn't work. Took the fitting off the IP thinking it was broken inside and not closing but it appears normal and it opens/closes just fine. Tried blowing through it with it closed and nothing is getting through.

Put it back together and even with it closed the engine just hums away no problem. Anyone have any idea with a closed fuel inlet the engine can keep running? I thought when the pressure was killed the engine shut off?

The dual mod I did was just a tee fitting AFTER the shut off and the appropriate fuel line running to the #1/#3 heads, the return side I never touched.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
So....

I did that dual fuel line mod ages ago and for whatever reason today I used the emergency shut off after a drive and it doesn't work. Took the fitting off the IP thinking it was broken inside and not closing but it appears normal and it opens/closes just fine. Tried blowing through it with it closed and nothing is getting through.

Put it back together and even with it closed the engine just hums away no problem. Anyone have any idea with a closed fuel inlet the engine can keep running? I thought when the pressure was killed the engine shut off?

The dual mod I did was just a tee fitting AFTER the shut off and the appropriate fuel line running to the #1/#3 heads, the return side I never touched.
It may operated properly with no pressure on it thru that valve but what about with pressure thru it maybe its forcing it open or over the stop for it and opening itself up. I have a parker type tab shut off valve as soon as it closes it dies.

Blow air thru that valve with it in your hand and see if it flutters with you holding the shut off valve arm in the open position

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks