• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

250 rpm control with hand throttle

jhcattleco

Im rigging up a 931a1 for a feed truck. I'm running into a problem keeping the rpms steady with a hand throttle. The engine wants to slowly wind to 2100 or if its set at 1500rpm like where we want to operate it as soon as the pto comes under load it moves down to 900 rpms and doesnt want to power the pto. Any advice?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need a governor system for the fuel pump, like used on wreckers.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
OR build a air throttle like I am doing, my 819 is missing the ip with the auxilary governor, and the hand throttle gives me the same problem, one thing, the 250 MUST be at operating temp to get the hand throttle to come even close to working right. You will have better luck controling accessory drive speed using a transfer case pto.

jhcattleco

do you know where I could find more info, I looked thru the tech manuals on the inj pump and saw a picture of a vs governor but not much info. is it a bolt on part? I just need to know what all i need and how its going to work.
Thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's the magical part you need.

Attachments