• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

25k rounds of .30-06 in a M109A3

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can afford a lot of things but buying that much at one time would even tax my resources. I don't consider it hoarding, I consider it taking prudent steps in preparation for the coming Zombie Apocalypse.

sw

wiggall

Just HOPE and PRAY THAT NONE OF IT SHOWS UP IN MEXICO:!: Or the BATF do not show up on your doorstep:!: Be very careful what you post about your SUPPLIES!

Pawnshop

Just HOPE and PRAY THAT NONE OF IT SHOWS UP IN MEXICO:!: Or the BATF do not show up on your doorstep:!: Be very careful what you post about your SUPPLIES!
Really? I wonder how that would happen? The only way that ammo could possibly end up in Mexico is if it gets stolen, it's not for sale. And since the ammo came directly from the US Government the BATF already knows who bought it where it was delivered. I guess I should be more careful about letting the Gov know I have a big green truck, wait... that came from the Government too!!

dogkiller

stuck case removal

if you have a case head separation take a tap that fiis inside the case and run it in a few turns, carefull not to go too far or you will get the chamber wall
when it's in run a cleaning rod from the muzzle and tap it out...
just be careful and you do fine.......

Jones

Steve,

Split end for end or did you just leave the neck in the chamber?
My first thought is a GI broken shell extractor. Chamber it and when the bolt's extractor starts to pull the broken shell extractor back out, the end expands outward to catch the mouth of the ctg.

Another way is to take a piece of brass rod (steel rod would score the bore or chamber), split the ends and spread them out like a cotter pin. Not too much; you need to be able to squeeze the ends back together enough to get the rod started into the muzzle. Tapping the end should cause the split ends to grab and push the broken shell out of the chamber. May take several tries but then what else do you have to do with your day?

As a last resort; get rid of the head of the cartridge if it's not already gone and go after it with a chamber reamer. The reamer will cut out the brass and by taking it slow, you'll know when it's completely cleaned up the chamber.

sermis

Thanks for the ideas. Used an ease out. Sprayed with REM Oil, tapped it in, turned a little and out it came.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sportsman762

I have had that split casing problem with .223 as a result of high pressure loads and excessive reloading. I take a piece of threadall and thread it from the breach till it grabs then pull the casing out. Good luck

sermis

CMP has new limit as of April

.30-06 LIMIT - 10 CANS TOTAL PER YEAR - Effective 10 April 2009. .30-06 LIMIT - 10 CANS TOTAL PER YEAR - Effective 10 April 2009.

Garandfan

Nice score! If people keep hoarding from the CMP, they should get that crap HXP 77 that was issued last year at the matches :evil:!!!!!!! I am wondering if the apocalype does come, how effective is a cache of weapons and ammo when you can't get to it? :roll: We should all be driving our deuces stocked of guns, ammo, and rations everywhere we go----NOT!

airmech3839

Buy guns and ammo when you can and as much as you can afford! I am all for your right to keep and bear arms. This is also(for now) a free market where if you are not limited by laws purchase as much as you can afford if you can't, sorry. If you cannot get ammo from normal means and you have money look to find other legal venues to aquire your rounds. Plenty of places out there to get good ammo! Just not always large amounts or cheap!2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks