• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

25th ARIZONA MILITARY VEHICLE SHOW JANUARY 30-31, 2016

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
25th ARIZONA MILITARY VEHICLE SHOW JANUARY 30-31, 2016

17.jpg

The 25th Arizona Military Vehicle Show, a salute to veterans of all wars, celebrated for more than two decades. with a vast display of multiple privately owned and restored military vehicles. Held Saturday through Sunday, January 30-31, 2016, at Tempe Diablo Stadium East Parking Lot - 2200 W Alameda Drive, Tempe, AZ 85282.

Directions:
I-10 From the West heading East exit 153 (143), 48th Street and (Broadway Rd). Go half mile south on 48th Street to East on Alameda. Go East for another half mile and park in south lot on the right.
I-10 From the East heading West - exit 153B Broadway Road, (52nd Street). Go half mile West on Broadway to South on 48th Street. Go South for half mile then East on Alameda. Go East for another half mile and park in south lot on the right.

Sponsored by the Arizona Military Vehicle Collectors Club. The main event will be an impressive line-up of troop carriers from World War II, Korea and Vietnam. Humvees from Desert Storm, conflicts in Iraq, Afghanistan, along with Jeeps, and armored cars from 70 years of American machinery in combat will also be on display. These historic military vehicles will be judged for originality, military significance, and quality of restoration with awards presented Saturday afternoon.

Military surplus and a few vehicles for sale is an attraction at this show. An outdoor swap meet of armed service collectibles is scheduled for both days.

Admission $5 for adults, kids with adults are free. Parking is free. Show runs from 0900 to 1600 hours (9AM-4PM) both days.

If you have a military vehicle and would like to display it at the show, you will get in for free and meet a bunch of MV type people. Email for details, or just show up and ask where to park! Vendor and display setup day is Friday 29JAN15 at 0900 hrs. On site security, fenced property.

For more info call:
Alan Thurston (602) 791-5235
Jeff Abrahamson (602) 451-2274
or email armytrucksnewsletter@gmail.com
backup email armytrucks@armytrucks.org

Hope to see you there!

10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg 16.jpg 01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg 07.jpg 08.jpg 09.jpg 15.jpg

AZK9

Really wish I could head down that way this year, but I'm not going to be able to make it.

Hope to make the next one though! Have fun! [thumbzup]

m715mike

One of these years I will make it, but alas, this isn't it.

I grew up in Phoenix and still have family there. I'll give my brother a heads up in case he and my nephew want to show up as spectators.

aleigh

I emailed the address on their website to get more info about anything I might need to know or do to bring my truck down for the show. Haven't heard back so I guess I'll just show up!

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only people who need prior arrangement are vendors. If you're bringing a truck to the show, just show up with it! You can bring it on Friday as early as 9 AM if you like.

aleigh

Do I leave the truck overnight at the show, or take it home and bring it back on Sunday? I don't care either way, I just don't know how these things work, never done one before.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can leave it overnight or take it home if you like. There will be several to many people there all the time from Friday to Sunday. Where the vehicles are is fenced off and locked at night.

penokeevet

Nice pictures, nice Truck, interesting discussion. I'm a Snowbird spending 6 months in AZ and 6 months in northern MI each year, I would jump at the chance to go out off-roading, but age caught up with me. I have a 39 year old brain with an 80 year old body. Sold my M35A3 and M923 as they just got too big for me to maintain, etc. - miss both of them and at times regret selling them. Have my M1008 here in AZ, so still have OD to play with. Two comments: There's the 12th Annual Southwest Military Transport Show at Falcon Field on March 26th and 27th, 2016. go to www.ahmta.com for more info. Also there's an informal gathering every Saturday (4-8) of vehicles at the parking lot near K-Mart NE of intersection of Power Rd and US 60. penokee & pluto

ArizonaGasMonkey

Do you think anyone would be opposed to my Daughter brining her cart full of Girl Scout cookies to ask if anyone is interested in buying at the event. Its an afterthought with good intentions. Thanks Aaron

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you think anyone would be opposed to my Daughter brining her cart full of Girl Scout cookies to ask if anyone is interested in buying at the event. Its an afterthought with good intentions. Thanks Aaron
Maybe... call Jeff Abrahamson (602) 451-2274 or Alan Thurston (602) 791-5235 to make sure.

ArizonaGasMonkey

I never heard back from the 2 gentlemen on my daughter selling cookies so I will be there and we will just have some there unless something changes and they respond to me on here.

Thanks for everyones help. Aaron

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks