260 amp alternator

Ronmar

The battery connected to ground on its neg terminal is the 0-12 battery. The jumper from its + terminal to the neg terminal of the 12-24 battery(series jumper) is where you connect the 12v line. It can connect to either end of the series jumper(+ terminal on 0-12 or neg terminal on 12-24 batt) as they are the same point electrically.

coachgeo

Yeah, if that's the case I've seen it installed in several trucks.

He asked if it would work and we really need to know the alternator model number to confirm for certain.
hummer alt. pics w/ numbers

you have to:

> slightly drill larger holes in the alternator ears (FMTV larger bolt)
> need to make spacers for said longer/larger bolt to hit both the ears which are farther apart than FMTV bracket takes. pretty simple>
> move the regulator however you choose..... I'd consider trying to keep it on alt body so regulators internal temp sensor is operating within the parameters it was designed. Most have not done that and been fine though.

Pretty straight forward thing.

Attachments

Third From Texas

hummer alt. pics w/ numbers

you have to:

> slightly drill larger holes in the alternator ears (FMTV larger bolt)
> need to make spacers for said longer/larger bolt to hit both the ears which are farther apart than FMTV bracket takes. pretty simple>
> move the regulator however you choose..... I'd consider trying to keep it on alt body so regulators internal temp sensor is operating within the parameters it was designed. Most have not done that and been fine though.

Pretty straight forward thing.
I'm certain your assumption is correct, but he has not posted a pic of the alt placard/model number.

Are you confirming that that regulator he pictured is not used on any other Neuhoff dual voltage alt?

coachgeo

I'm certain your assumption is correct, but he has not posted a pic of the alt placard/model number.

Are you confirming that that regulator he pictured is not used on any other Neuhoff dual voltage alt?
only confirming the one I bought and put on my truck. (pics). Ebay one is same type...

and another

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks