• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2600mile recovery :)

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a Cummins dealer in White Bear Lake, MN that is right on the way to my house. They need the motor serial number to look up a part. I would stop in there on your way. Here is their address: 1600 Buerkle Rd, White Bear Lake, MN 55110. (651)636-1000

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Transport 2nd vehicle options.

Piggy backing is probably the least favorable option but we're set-up for loading here if you choose to go that way.

a) Haul on back

Laura and Pickett said you could use the ramp on 132Ave 159st. just down from our shop. We'll need to modify ramp if your deck is higher then typical high-boy. I just bought some great 25T military tie-downs so as long as you have tie-down points in your box, anything is poSSible I gueSS

b) Lend/ Lease my Trailer Program.

Any chance your pintle is 21" off the ground and fits my 24' trailer". Trailering it would be more secure on the frost pounded roads up North.

c) Hire driver,

Fly me....I mean him home after arriving in the Mac. (Timing is everything, I'm in class next week but before or after that I'm in. This Saturday with VFR conditions I might be flying with the neighbour anyway so I'll ask if he wants to cross country to Fort Mac)

Chase Truck, I like steak so whether it's a return drive back the next day from you or a chase truck follow me up and bring me back......I could have more then 0.05 alcohol limit.

Fly momma down here to get the truck and we could party in the 32F warmth for a few days.

I know.....you don't know when you'll be here yet so keeping us informed on repair and preventative maintenance PM delays will help us plan a bit. Decide what you're doin and we'll see how we can help.

KaiserM109

... I have a question tho do you guys think my 2008 dodge quad cab 6 foot box would fit in the bed of this ?. Trying to figure out how I'm gonna get it home from Edmonton
You have a drop-side bed, I believe, so just drop 1 or both sides and you have a flatbed.

Arlyn
M109A3
M923

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think he just pulled into the Npower Cummins in Eau Claire, WI.

He should be in good hands.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He has heat again but it isn't enough and he is stopping by Cabelas in Rogers, MN. He is driving around I-694 right now.

My guess is he is going to buy warmer clothes. :)

Danger Ranger

That Cabelas is awesome. I go whenever I can. You can't not enjoy it...

To the comment about the dropside....I think length is the issue here, not width.

Good luck.

212sparky

Only gets better is my Uncle owns a gun shop and range. Oh yeah full auto rentals plus tactical range :D still trying to get him to buy a M923 as a company truck

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Ok just had to share this before I left for the day. So I go down to put my bags in the truck and when I come back in the desk boy asks me if that's my truck. Why yes it is what's up ? You know that truck is considerd a weapon of war? Ummm I guess ya could say that ? What's your point? Well Obama is gonna ban them and ban all guns. I said o really well then I said if he bans all that stuff then who's gonna protect your freedom ? He then goes on to tell me that without guns and military the world will be at peace. Are there a lot of these hippies here ?
So, did you tell him that you're taking the truck to Canada, and then you'll invade the US and take us all over after Obama bans everything?

rofl

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Man this truck is so bloody amazing the hills in PA didn't even bother it 55-60mph all the way up them 55mph at 1600 rpm rides like a caddy.
Yesterday I gave my M936A1 its first real workout. There were a couple times when I was worried I might get stuck in loose soil and piled up compost, but then the truck went right through the stuff like it wasn't there. Felt like it could drive up a telephone pole and pull the cojones off a brass monkey! I'm really liking M939-series rigs.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sean just left my place, truck is running good just not producing much heat as mentioned. He is going to get back towards Minneapolis a bit and get a hotel and get on the road early in the morning.

Nonotagain

OK Sean, now that you have driven the truck for a few days and racked up some miles, how is the Cummins 8.3 doing on fuel mileage?

I want a M923 but am undecided on the NHC-855 and the 8.3.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks