• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2600mile recovery :)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And where are you now?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Well I found the page in the -10, saved it, from there things went down hill QUICK, tried to upload so the OP could see what he was asking, upload not going to happen, with this change it takes a bunch of production to get a picture from my pictures TO upload on the forum to answer a question, guess my uploading pictures is now in the same not going to happen file as PM pictures are.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Draw it on a piece of paper, and mail it to him, Ron. :deadhorse:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Remove two clutch override lockup bolts (6) from storage boss on fanclutch support bracket (5).​
NOTE​
Because fan clutch assembly is a moving part when engine is running,alignment mark may be located in different position fromposition shown in illustration. Without starting engine, tap engineignition switch to move alignment mark to proper position.​
(4)​
Line up alignment mark on side of fan mounting plate (8) with alignmentmark on side of fan clutch assembly (7). Fan mounting plate (8) turns freely by
hand.
(5)​
With alignment marks lined up, insert two clutch override lockup bolts (6)into holes of fan mounting plate (8) and hand-tighten.
(6)​
Tighten override lockup bolts (6) until fully seated to secure fan mountingplate (8) to fan clutch assembly (7).

Sorry, no pictures

Sumner

Hmmm, I had replied but it didn't show up.

Anyway, the fan clutch looks a lot like a Horton clutch, which is quite common. Might be able to find parts at a heavy truck place. From what I could find, it should need air to disengage. Easy way to check, when the truck is off and there is no air pressure in the system, grab the fan and see if it turns. If it doesn't, then you should be able to unhook the supply line and cap it and the fan will stay on. If it turns then that probably means the friction material is shot and you will have to see if it can be bolted together.

As for the alternator, I believe it is same as the 250, you just might have to change the pulley.

Good luck, and hope everything goes better!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
(2) Raise and secure hood (paragraph 2-19).
(3) Remove two clutch override lockup bolts (6) from storage boss on fan
clutch support bracket (5).
NOTE
Because fan clutch assembly is a moving part when engine is running,
alignment mark may be located in different position from
position shown in illustration. Without starting engine, tap engine
ignition switch to move alignment mark to proper position.
(4) Line up alignment mark on side of fan mounting plate (8) with alignment
mark on side of fan clutch assembly (7). Fan mounting plate (8) turns freely by
hand.
(5) With alignment marks lined up, insert two clutch override lockup bolts (6)
into holes of fan mounting plate (8) and hand-tighten.
(6) Tighten override lockup bolts (6) until fully seated to secure fan mounting
plate (8) to fan clutch assembly (7).
(7) Close and secure hood (para. 2-19).
(8) Start engine and allow engine to cool at idle speed until engine coolant
temperature drops to normal operating temperature range of 175°-195°F (79°-91°C).
(9) Make certain unit maintenance is notified of emergency service performed
on vehicle.

Attachments

CNGsaves

Good luck on the Epic multi-country recovery!

With recent bankruptcy of Hostess, you might have paid for trip by hauling down truckload of Twinkies from Canada to be sold on Ebay to USA crazies . . . . news showed them selling for $30 a box! KS town of Emporia will be losing 700 jobs unless bankruptcy agreement is reached.

Best of luck to you.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
We will get you going,you didnt think this was going to be an easy job did you Sean.Its just another adventure.You are making memories.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ice Road Trucker

Take your time coming back. Started snowing at 800hrs and finished at noon with 200mm on the ground in the North End, 170mm South.

Back in Fort Mac., you have 78% humidity with highs of -18c and lows of -31c.

That truck is going to fight you all the way home. Not because it's bad, rather because it's smart and knows where you're takin' it.

Stay warm while you can.

A little photo of the M1010 in the snow.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks