• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

29.84 MPG in M1009

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The speedo/odometers in MV's are often inaccurate. When I'm running 55 mph Garmin gps indicated in my M1008, the speedo reads 66mph. Big disparity in distance traveled also. I'm sure if more owners checked the accuracy of their equipment there would be some surprises. That said, I wish I could achieve that kind of mileage! :D

JohnFire

keeping below 55 I have still managed 22mpg even with a bum pump, but only once, and that was when the odometer still read within 5 mph of my gps, now the odometer is pretty much toast and I have to replace it. I used to get 22mpg doing 70-75 all the time so they can get good milage.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Ours has been getting 0 MPG since about six months ago according to my sons they told me the speedo is in op any clues as to possible causes would be great I am 9,000 miles too far away to check it out.

AJMBLAZER

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
Ours has been getting 0 MPG since about six months ago according to my sons they told me the speedo is in op any clues as to possible causes would be great I am 9,000 miles too far away to check it out.
Have them check the speedo cable, gear, and the head unit.

CDN-CUCV

I currently use my M1009 for my daily and with new 33' BFG's, I get an average of 22-23 mpg. @ 100 km's (62 mph). Most of my driving is highway as well.

My speedo, albiet with larger diameter rubber, reads about 3-4 mph slower than my actual speed over ground using my gps. I find anything over 60 mph cuts into my fuel economy quite abit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks