• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2nd okie mud run

Patattack

ok thinking of doing another okie mud run, this is going to be my last cuz ill be moving to El Paso in august. so i like to do one more before i leave. the first one was a good hit, but only cucvs and smaller could fit in the trails anything larger is playing in the river but the river was fun was ****! i would like to see a good turn out, im going to run the same setup as the last one, july 2nd at sundog trails 11:00am. ill get a upcoming event going on when i find out what going on with this one more details will follow.

heres the link to the last one we did

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upcoming-events/66877-okie-spring-mud-run-april-16th-2011-a.html

MacGowan

Sounds like too much fun! I'll be there - it'll be my first "off-road" experience in the Deuce. It'll be a busy weekend - mud slinging on the 2nd, washing on the 3rd, and the parade on the 4th!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just remember the trails are not friendly to larger vehicles. But the river is a blast.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like too much fun! I'll be there - it'll be my first "off-road" experience in the Deuce. It'll be a busy weekend - mud slinging on the 2nd, washing on the 3rd, and the parade on the 4th!
And don't forget the wheel painting. ;)

AllenEM

The river has been up but it's going down again. I hope I can make this one.

We ( a group of guys from work) are planing another river run sometime in late Aug. early Sept. when the river is normally low and going from Ada river bridge to Atwood about 15-18 miles

MacGowan

I just learned my front drive shaft is a bit loose... moves up and down and side to side about 1/2 inch!! So, I'll be reading some TMs to attempt to figure out what parts I might need to fix the sucker... not mud or water until it's fixed...:-(

MacGowan

Crud! So far it looks as though I'll need bearings and a seal... but, I suppose I'll need to take a look inside and drain the case, maybe flush it somehow, and see if the sucker still works! aua Anyone have any advice or experience with these front axles?

James

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
if anyone knows where i can get a good airshift t-case near the okc area i'd love to come out and play.

Brown's Military Surplus in Binger, OK will have all the parts. Just be aware that Mr. Brown is quite a character. If he tells you a price, pay it or move on. If you try to get it for less, there is no price in H@ll that you can by it for.

And don't talk about GL or buying from the Government.

If he doesn't like you, his stuff will sit until the earth reclaims it.

Besides that, he is a great guy.

M813A1

JAMES are you sure it is the bearing and not the U joints ?? because if the U joints are loose the shaft wil wobble as well ?? u joints are far less expensive then reworking the ransfer case .

MacGowan

JAMES are you sure it is the bearing and not the U joints ?? because if the U joints are loose the shaft wil wobble as well ?? u joints are far less expensive then reworking the ransfer case .
Definitely not the t-case or u joints - the entire flange move up and down where it goes into the diff and there's no play what-so-ever in the u joints. I took a video that I'll post when I can figure out how...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks