• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2stroke oil?

With the ULSD they have comming out of the pumps nowadays I was thinking of throwing in some marine 2 stroke to help the deuces injection pump a bit. Was wondering if there was any harm in this, I'd use normal 2 stroke, but it only comes in tiny bottles, marine comes in gallon jugs.

I also hear it masks that pesky red dye ;)

DieselBob

I run it in mine for the same reason. I run about 100:1 mix. I doesn't seem to cause any extra smoke that I can tell and 2 cycle oil is made to burn cleanly so to speak with less deposits left behind.

RAYZER

I've poured into my tank for lubrication when running pump diesel; qt of new motor oil , qt of transmission fluid, qt of 2 cycle oil, gallons of filtered wmo, gallons of filtered transmission fluid, gallons of filtered synthetic wmo, gallons of 5 year old diesel, old and new gas, gear oil ,hydraulic fluid, and I'm sure some other stuff. You can use just about anything for lubrication. The deuce loves it![thumbzup]

Last edited:

KsM715

I think you need to edit out part of your post. Running alternative fuel is one thing but I dont think the site wants to condone the use of illegal fuel.

flyxpl

I think the 2 stroke oil should burn cleaner , since it was desighned to be burnt , but any oil would be better than nothing .

The marine is probally the best , it is made for water cooled two strokes which run cooler than air cooled two strokes .

Last edited:

Maverick1701

I ran it in my 7.3 and I also run it in my deuce...that ULSD does nasty things to seals/gaskets

I usually mix it 1oz oil to 1 gal of diesel in my 7.3...in the deuce I just guess-ti-mate and dump it in the fuel tank lol

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Evening Bill W we need some more pice of you completely FINISHED Deuce it was looking mighty fine the last time I saw it but have not seen the final completion pics
Take care bill
KK

KsM715

We may need clarification/definition of "Legal Fuel".

Just ask your local DOT inspector.

I didnt want to start a p***ing match here.
With a wink and a nod we all know what he's talking about.
Do it if you want to, its your choice to break the law, just dont brag about it.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A qt of ATF in the tank does the same thing. I know, now it's red. As long as you aren't commercial, you are OK.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only illegal for road use. Can burn anything offroad ;)
Why would you worry about masking it then?

Running dyed untaxed fuel on-road is tax evasion and will get you hefty fines if caught. It doesn't matter if you are commercial or not. It's the same thing as not paying your income taxes.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A blenders permit will allow you to blend off road diesel with taxed diesel and run it on the road?
I guess it's possible if you fill out the forms and pay the tax on the dyed fuel. But then what's the point.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks