• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2wd cucv!!!

raiburn

91W350

LOL!! I saw that one last night too. The appeal of the CUCV for me was never about cruising at 80-90 mph. Who can afford to do that anyway. Looks to me like he messed up two good trucks. :wink:

jrou111

Looks like a CUCV, but only 5 lug bolt pattern...

I guess I was wrong, they DO have ricers in the MV world. :roll:

And to think, my CUCV on Ebay right now has to compete with that thing. :-x

Crash_AF

My question for him is, where are the front turn signals? The factory quad headlight trucks of that year had them in the grille behind where the bridge plate is...

Later,
Joe

hole

I know very little about CUCV's ,but if a 2wd gas version was'nt ever built , then a flood of correction comments should be flowing into the sellers inbox :wink:

ida34

This was a cucv clone. I thought maybe someone took the axles out of a M1008 but the interior is clearly not cucv and the rear bumper and pintle hitch is from a M1009 not a truck cucv. I would say someone took a M1009 and put the parts on a normal chevy 2WD truck.

ABN173

I know very little about CUCV's ,but if a 2wd gas version was'nt ever built , then a flood of correction comments should be flowing into the sellers inbox :wink:
I would not bother, he clearly states "Replica" in several places. 1st paragraph reads "1984 Chevy Silverado longbed. Has been converted to look like a U.S. Military M1008 CUCV. All parts used to convert truck were from an original CUCV."
Personally I don't think he is trying to mislead anyone.

For a no reserve auction it is a fair deal. I would not bid on it as I prefer the real deal but that's just me. I could see why somebody might want the 12v sys, AC, radios etc... but heck when I was in Desert Storm I did not have AC either so I can live without it. Right now I am up in Washington state so we have milder weather than Georgia, but I drove my M1009 down at FT Benning without all the extras.

-Dale

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tub it, put 21'" Mickey Thompsons on the back, blown injected big block and have a street rod!