• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2x2 Reese hitch crane/hoist

chvss65

How usefull is this ,,,
got it on the auction site we all love and hate, and cant mention the name for about 220
weld a 2x2 reese tube ant where and ready to go
1000 lb hand winch and 3000 lb long ram
Iam thinking a 1500 to 2000 lb electric winch on ithoist7.jpghoist6.jpghoist5.jpghoist4.jpghoist3.jpghoist2.jpghoist.jpg

chvss65

shipping weight was 101,,, the bottom part below the ram,,, that slides into the receiver,,, separates,, so just guessing the receiver part 25 lbs,, ram and mast 75 lbs ???
Its basically a engine cherry picker mounted to a receiver hitch
It also rotates 360

jw4x4

It hangs pretty far behind the tailgate. That's alot of leverage on the mount bar. That looks like the weakest point. To get far more capacity, I bet one could remove the tailgate (easily), and shorten the bar. When loaded, put tailgate back on. Maybe even be able to have 2 interchangeable bars to use, depending on need. Just thinking out loud.

chvss65

I have not tried a load on it yet,, but their pictures showed it loading a what looked like a single person jet ski being put in a pickup bed

yes the support leg gotta help
it has a approx 4 inch caged roller cone bearing and race in the lower stem with a grease zerk, so Iam thinking it will rotate pretty easy, it also has a folding handle to help rotation, about mid way on the upright,, opposite the ram,, in picture 2,, touching the tailgate

gmjunky87

hey what receiver hitch set up do you have? I have a valley industries hitch I pulled off my old half ton pick up and couldn't get it to fit on my m1008. we hacked the side pintle supports off.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Boy that looks handy! You might consider welding on a receiver over to one side of the truck to open up the tailgate area for bulky loads.

Rick

chvss65

I got a weld on receiver tube and had a local welding shop weld it to the underneath the pintle on the flat of the bumper that's there ,,,with some gusseting for side twist,, took them about 1 hr and 100 bucks,,,

chvss65

All the civy hitches could not be put on,,, because the frame parts were all taken up by the military type bumper, so just welder to the flat on the bumper under the pintle

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks