• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3,000 mile trip, 6 States....

lfhoward

That’s so great. I’ve been wanting to do a western trip for years. Hopefully someday soon. The JK trailer combo looks awesome. Glad to know surge brakes work well over mountain passes as well.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Excellent!! I'm about to haul my M101A2 camper on a 2-week 3500+ mile trip from south LA to NW WY, then camping back through CO. My F250 diesel should have no problem either.

JD4044M

The poor guy bringing my M1078 from Florida had a blow out in Kansas and said boy the truck is heavy! He also just went 3400+ miles should be here in the morning with it. Glad they did not drive my rig that far! Always wanted to do trip like yours. I have crossed the USA several times but in a car once and a train twice. Did hitch hiked the West Coast once in the 70's. Back Pack and my Lab Zorro!

Buckshotmckee

The poor guy bringing my M1078 from Florida had a blow out in Kansas and said boy the truck is heavy! He also just went 3400+ miles should be here in the morning with it. Glad they did not drive my rig that far! Always wanted to do trip like yours. I have crossed the USA several times but in a car once and a train twice. Did hitch hiked the West Coast once in the 70's. Back Pack and my Lab Zorro!
Its definitely fun. Blow outs suck. I'm a retired cross country truck driver. I miss the open road.

JD4044M

Least it was not a steer tire one of the duals on the trailer. I did not do long haul but spent up to 72 days at a time inmy Water Tender sleeping in my Cabs sleeper! It was not so bad you get used to it after a while.
TENDER INTERIOR1 (640x472).jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks