• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3..2..1..Eureka!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nick, it was a rear seal. The corssreference for the rear seal has been posted in the crossreference guide by Devilman96. Thanks for the effort Mike, many will benefit from your work.

jasonjc

Boy its a good thing that flywheel is so light and easy to R/R :p
I put my frist in about 2 weeks ago by myself with out the help of those 2 very helpful tools .And no alinment marks on the crank or flywheel aua

Jones

Don't hurt yourself Jason. The first tool is just a grade 8 1/2"NF bolt about 5" long with the head cut off. It screws into one of the flywheel bolt holes and allows you to slide the flywheel far enough out of the bellhousing to get a good grip on it. Best to grab it with a hoist and lower it safely. The clutch alignment alignment tool was a piece of old shafting I turned down to .750" for the first 1 1/2" to slip into the input shaft bushing in the crank; then I turned the rest of the 9" (or so) length down to a diameter that would slide into the inside diameter (tips of the splines) in the clutch disc. You don't need to worry about splines on an alignment tool as the minor diameter is concentric with everything else. Turning the entire shaft the same diameter means you just stuff the tool into the bushing then slide the disc onto it and down into position. Some will assemble with the disc in backwards but won't release. Making the tool a little long gives you something to grip as sometimes they'll bind ever so slightly (when I removed the alignment tool on Bjorn's truck there was a little wine cork pop because the fit was so close). As long as you're in there; a light coating of grease down in the splines (wipe off any excess), on the onput shaft collar where the clutch release bearing slides and in the input shaft bushing will make things live longer.
Also, there is a grease fitting on the clutch release bearing carrier that's accessed through the inspection cover on the bottom of the bellhousing. How many of us get that fitting when we're doing our lube jobs?
**Always remember with clutch discs -- the flatter side goes to the flywheel; the hub side towards the pressure plate. Some will assemble with the disc in backwards but won't release... and this ain't a job you want to do twice**.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey Bjorn, I have to work 14 hrs today but would like to try and hook up with you tomorrow before you head out, I'll give you a call tomorrow to see if you need anything as far as tools or parts then head out your way with my daughter and my duece. Devin

Hookin1

You know i would have never tried to go that far in my duece but after all that bjorn has gone through.....with the network we have i would'nt be afraid to go anywhere now.......this is such a great group of people.......everyone give yourself a pat on the back.....and a great big attaboy [thumbzup] :grd:

jkelly66

Speeking as a new member I am real impressed with the help everyone gives to a fellow member weather they are seasond verterans like craintruck or a noobe like myself I am glad I found this web sight and Gods speed to craintruck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks