• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3/4 to 1 ton axle swap build

welpro222

Hey guys, thought I would post up my quest to put 1 ton axles under my 87 suburban. The front is getting a dana 60 4.10 gearing with a dana power lok differential. The rear is a 14 bolt 10.5 ff with the gov lock differential. I'll keep posting as I make progress, at the moment I'm getting ready to remove the 3/4 ton axles and just prepping the new ones (clean and paint). Other than that, all new seals and bearings for the rear and all new seals and king pins for the front.

Here are some pics, let me know what you guys think or if you have any suggestions.

20150215_193417_resized.jpg
20150215_193525_resized.jpg
20150215_193435_resized.jpg

20150215_193509_resized.jpg

Last edited:

welpro222

Already done by the previous owner. The only thing I was worried about is the pinion housing length difference between the 14 bolt sf and the 14 bolt ff. I am gonna measure it tonight.

welpro222

I removed the front and rear axle yesterday. Will spend the week cleaning and painting the wheel wells and other parts. Still debating on whether to go with the crossover steering setup.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks