• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3 KW Pow'r Gards - Run w/o Battery??

ETN550

Hi everyone,

I just picked up 4 of these little Pow'r Gard Wisconsin / Robin powered 3kw sets in a G/L auction. They are a little rough so I have been working on getting them fixed up. So far I have one running. Two of them have gasoline in their tanks!

Question: Can they be run and make power without having a battery connected? I see they do have a pull start. But I do not want to damage the generator end or the 12vdc charging circuit by not having a battery connected.

Thanks,

Doug

RIrvin

If this unit has the Baldor 3KW generator head , it may have similar VR as Hatz / Baldor DG3E . Operator is advised not to start w/o a battery connected as will damage VR.

ETN550

If this unit has the Baldor 3KW generator head , it may have similar VR as Hatz / Baldor DG3E . Operator is advised not to start w/o a battery connected as will damage VR.

Yes, I believe it is the same. It is the Baldor but with the Robin engine before Baldor went to the Hatz, Thanks for info. I will not start it without the battery.