• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3 light pod on windshield

Dpas1973

Has anyone installed the 3 light pod that goes in the center of windshield? If so can you please show me where you drilled to get the wire to the inside?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

papakb

Are you talking about the clearance light bar that mounts in the center of the windshield on an H1? If you are that's installed at the factory. The military HMMWV never had one.

Dpas1973

Yes but looking to see who has installed one on there humvee. I just ordered one and was wondering how they ran the wire.

papakb

Please excuse me but why would anyone want their HMMWV to look more like a Hummer? These are 2 different entities and most people that want a HMMWV don't want a Hummer and vice versa. But to answer your question the Hummer windshield doesn't fold down like the HMMWV so they probably just dropped the wire down thru a hole in the windshield frame.

Dpas1973

Some people like there humvee the way they want it. I like the look of the clearance lights that’s why I ordered a set. Not trying to look like an h1 just like the look. I’m not a purist I put what I think looks good on the truck.

dilvoy

The windshield frame is hollow. Houses wiring for wiper motor and wiper rods as well. You can drill and run your wires down inside, but to do it like AMG did on the Hummers, you need to get the wiring down into the A Beam that crosses the vehicle below the windshield frame so if you have a soft top, you can tip the windshield forward to expose the electrical connector grommets and figure out how you want to make that transition for your new wires.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks