• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3 or 4 color Woodland or desert camo on motorcycles?

czechsix

Does anyone have any pics of bikes in the old 3 or 4 color? Plenty of stuff out there that's shot in lusterless FG, but I can't recall seeing any two wheeled - or for that matter three or four wheeled vehicles, done in woodland. I've got a project bike I'm working on, and I'm trying to research some potential patterns.

Any info would help at this point, I've found absolutely nothing so far.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
This is the only in service picture of a bike that has shown more than a base color sniper bike-1.jpg sniper bike-2.jpg that I have come across.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Oh
CHRISTINI​
AWD shows a digital on their sales pages AWD-CHRISTINI-450.jpg but any I have seen are one color christini-awd brown.jpg.

Just found this one with caption "July 1972 - A U.S. Army soldier rides a camouflaged motorcycle. A bayonet is attached to his M16A1 rifle." motorcycle JR camo.jpg

I have seen M1030b1's seats covered with woodland, chocolate chip, 3 color desert and Marpat but the rest of the bike was solid color. One seat I got had the foam cut down and was done poorly in Erdl.

czechsix

Oh
CHRISTINI​
AWD shows a digital on their sales pages View attachment 489895 but any I have seen are one color View attachment 489896.

Just found this one with caption "July 1972 - A U.S. Army soldier rides a camouflaged motorcycle. A bayonet is attached to his M16A1 rifle." View attachment 489897

I have seen M1030b1's seats covered with woodland, chocolate chip, 3 color desert and Marpat but the rest of the bike was solid color. One seat I got had the foam cut down and was done poorly in Erdl.
Hmm. That last photo is interesting. His trousers and blouse look like ERDL, but the helmet cover doesn't match. No way it could have been standard woodland, not with that date. Interesting pic, thanks for posting it up.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I think it is an older steel pot cover that as been modified to fit a civi motorcycle helmet. My armor unit did the same thing to our CVC shells in the 80's.

Whiterabbit

Red desert MERCD would look sick on a bike but you would have to go all out on the paint. The whole bike would need paint from handlebars to seat to forks to engine to rims. Everything. I'd do crisp taped edges not sprayed/faded edges.
A good reference site= https://sites.google.com/site/merdccamo/home/merdcpic
Pick a template and chalk it out on the bike. Might have to shrink the pattern a bit though.
Let us see the finished bike!

Oh, did I mention there is a sweet M151A2 in the April MV of the Month Poll ?? :wink:

B3.3T

Oh
CHRISTINI​
AWD shows a digital on their sales pages View attachment 489895 but any I have seen are one color View attachment 489896.

Just found this one with caption "July 1972 - A U.S. Army soldier rides a camouflaged motorcycle. A bayonet is attached to his M16A1 rifle." View attachment 489897

The 72-dated photo is a 1972 Suzuki 185.

B3.3T

I never saw any camo bikes in the 80's as it was not effective for night. Here's a shot of the Kawasakis used by the 101st. in 1988.

Attachments

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yep seen rattle can black and sand these were from 75th Suzuki 80jr 80jr1.jpg 80jr2.jpg and these were Air Force Suzuki DS80 ds80 usaf.jpg combat-rescue-officer.jpg ds80 c130.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks