• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3 or 4 finger pressure plates

Thescreenguy

Can anyone tell me the difference between a 3 and 4 fingered pressure plate for a deuce. I am about to order a clutch kit and wanted to know if one is better than the other. Thank y'all for any help!

Coldpan35

Yes the three finger is the newer one and that's the one I have in my deuce. As for one being better than another I don't really know which one is better they both do the same job to me.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I've used both, as stated, both do the same job. Its been reported that the 3-finger don't snap arms like the 4-finger ones, but all the ones I've seen snapped were NOT adjusted right and it wasn't due the the pressure plate "just breaking".

If installed correctly, either should be fine.

gimpyrobb

Nah, neither plates need adjusting(to my knowledge), its the linkage in the clutch peddle that needs it.

gimpyrobb

Well there you have it! I'd rather have the option of setting the throw out arms (imho)!

I've never seen that as I never had issues with either. The only time I've seen the arms break is when the clutch linkage was bad(not fully releasing and then pushing the arms in too far), breaking the release arms. Good to know Rusty!

rustystud

Well there you have it! I'd rather have the option of setting the throw out arms (imho)!

I've never seen that as I never had issues with either. The only time I've seen the arms break is when the clutch linkage was bad(not fully releasing and then pushing the arms in too far), breaking the release arms. Good to know Rusty!
They are good clutches if they are set-up correctly. It just takes the extra effort to do so. What happens is that if the levers are not set right one or more of the levers takes more of the load (over stressed). This also causes the clutch plate to grab as it is unevenly releasing.

cobra5

I just replaced mine because I had to replace the rear main oil seal. My old one was a 4 finger and the one I put in was 3 finger. One word of advice is when you replace the throw out bearing also replace the bearing carrier. It adds a few bucks more to the job but everything will be new and clean.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just throwing it out there but I like the six puck clutch disc.

Corrected my post so as to tell the difference between pressure plate arms and clutch disc pucks.

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not the pressure plate the flat thingy under the pressure plate the goes round and round and makes no sound but when it's done your out of fun. Some call it the clutch to bee correct but I call it a pain in the azz.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just went to one of the auction sights and there was a New three finger 6 puck for our Deuce for bid. If you know what is out there you are better armed.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks