• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3 Phase to 1 Phase boo boo...

sewerzuk

Rekon I have to learn more about these gen sets.
Why convert? Can't you just tap into 2 legs of the 3 phase?
Even by doing that, you'd still have 400Hz., the OP is trying to get 60Hz.
Ok, That lil' tidbit was not listed in this thread.

I also didn't realize the 400hz genny's were 3 phase.
I'm a little confused about where the 400hz came from; the OP was following my video to convert his 60hz set from 120/208 3 phase to 120/240 single phase.

Bob H; you are correct, you can pull 2 legs off of a 3 phase set and get single phase 120/208. But, not all 240v equipment will safely run on 208 (some constant torque motors like air compressors, well pumps, etc.). And, you can't get your full rated output out of the generator this way. AND, your pulling an unbalanced load on the generator's windings.
By doing the conversion to single phase, you can get the full rated output, balanced load, and an honest 120/240v out of it. You can read more about it here:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/auxill...ifferent-voltages-including-single-phase.html

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks