• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3 point seat belt install help required!!

daniel.7575

Hi guys,
im in the process of installing a 3 point seat belt kit on my 998, I bought a 4 man kit but having read the TM on installation I seem to have no drilling templates included. I want to install the two cast aluminium mounts on top of the rear wheel arches correctly.. Does anyone have a schematic / sketch etc with dimensions of these please??

Many thanks

Dan.

ps I've attached a couple of pics of my project progress to date which is slow and very expensive as parts are not readily available over here in the UK!

Attachments

darr3239

Hi Dan. The templates are apparently very rare.

I finished up my three point belt install several weeks ago, without using the templates, and just eyeballing the locations. With the photos in the TM you can get very close.

With a few parts you can line them up to existing holes, once the bolts are removed. Most you guess and use a small bit for the first drilling, and then see how close it lines up. Once I saw where they were I could adjust with a larger bit, moving the hole where it needed to be for a precise fit.

I'm no mechanic, and I divided the work up over several days. It worked out just fine in the end.

daniel.7575

Ok so today I installed the seatbelt kit.. Was actually fairly straight forward.. The MWO downloadable on here was a huge help... Impossible to do without this if you've not done it before...
Was quite tricky without the drill patterns so thought I'd just share a couple of tips which may help someone else...

when drilling the holes through the trans tunnel to install the front seatbelt sockets each side (see figure 21 in MWO) I found if you drill through the 3rd pop rivet down from the top you will find in this area on both sides the support plate that has to be fitted behind will be in just the right place.. You can then drill a couple of holes through the tunnel into the bracket and fit some rivets to secure...

When installing the cast belt mounts that locate on top of the rear fenders drill out the two holes in the top just behind the seat as per instruction and fit one bolt through here... The back of the bracket should then be exactly 3" away from the edge of the truck.. Drill all holes and then it's easy to install the strengthener supports under the rear arches by bolting them in first...

This is will make more sense when you come to do it... !!

a couple of pics included for reference

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks