• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3 temperature sensors??

camp9

I'm putting in a mechanical temp gauge in my 1986 M1031. While looking over the motor to see if there was any other place to tap into the head other than where the idiot sensor is, I noticed a plug with with a single wire going into the drivers side head on the front of the engine, just under the alternater, and another one on the back of the passenger side block. What are they? Thanks,

Camp

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Front driver side is idiot light, back pass is cold advance/high idle. And the one on top of the driverside is the gp coolant sensor.

jvrotter

I put a temp gauge on my 1008 but thats been at least 10 yrs ago, can't remember what I used fo rthe output point. Now I got a 1009 and would like to do the same as I have a complete gauge kit. Where would the best place to put the sensor? Would I have to remove an existing sensor?

camp9

There is some good info when you do a search on here, if you type in the right words ;-) I'm going hook the temp in the one by the oil pressure sensor, and I bought a T to put the oil in so I have both gauge and idiot light. I put a push button in for the glow plugs and by passed the card, so the temp gauge placement in that spot should work. I'm planing on getting it in tonight, I'll let you know how it worked. By the way, there is also another oval shaped plate that is the counter part to the place with the sensor on the back of the motor. On mine it's under the dip stick for the trans. I have a fuel injector line that goes over the top of mine. I see from other posts that guys have taken the blank out and taped it to thread in the sensor.

Camp

camp9

I got them installed and all is working good. Temp going down the road is about 190f and oil pressure is about 45 going down the road and 20-25 idling. I attached them with some automotive goop to the dash.

Attachments

indy4x4fab

Banned
if i'm not mistaken, u can change out your idiot light gauges for a true set of gauges. replace all the idiot light senders with for real ohm style senders and not have to change out the wiring at all. we did it a few years back to a m1008 and never had any problems. i have a few extra civil gauge sets if any bodies looking to change over.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks