• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3-way switch rebuild.. help

EAdams

There is a instruction on rebuilding the 3-way light switch on a M35 but I cannot load it. Anyone have it downloaded that they can send me?? eadams@wk.net

thanks

acetomatoco

I have been working with those M series multifunction light switches since 1963. Some masochists have opened them up in attempts to "repar" them... The only serviceable parts on them are the handles.. I usually just recycle em and get another from a local flea market for $5. They were designed in 1949 and have been and continue to be the switch of choice for all M series vehicles... Recently an electronic version with about 20 buttons on it has been adopted by the military...There is no good way to operate the switch by feel without much memory work as to the function of each button.. and they tend to catch fire... and they cost about a Hundred bux... Inside the old style are two rotary multi-contact switches, a resistor for the dash light, and a locking cam and a bunch of springs waterproofing material...good luck,, ACE

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are right RAM, not much you can do except perhaps get the corrosion off the contacts.
Also, there is a 20 amp circuit breaker inside.
I agree with you on the new switch. Some things can't be made better, just differently and in this case, less welll thought out.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
there was a good article recently about repairing them, mostly it was cleaning. I'd try it with the old one just for fun if I ever had to replace the unit.