• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

.30 cal mount on Deuce

AZDeuce

I thought about making a "swing-away" mount, similar to used on the Special Forces humvees, ultiizing the ring mount pole mount on the right side of the cab.

This way the a-driver could cover the front from his seat when the windshield was in the down position, This would be especially useful/do-able if the 1919 was set up with spade grips. But I sold my 1919A4, and never pursued the idea.

Just a thought.......

jime

.... This would be especially useful/do-able if the 1919 was set up with spade grips. But I sold my 1919A4, and never pursued the idea.

Just a thought.......
Bring your Deuce from Buckeye AZ to the Buckeye State and we'll stick my new ring mount and 1919 on it, seeing that I'm missing the deuce part!

crazyplowboy

Bring your Deuce from Buckeye AZ to the Buckeye State and we'll stick my new ring mount and 1919 on it, seeing that I'm missing the deuce part!
I'd be up for that, I've been thinking about adding a ring mount and 1919 to my deuce whenever the money comes back my way. Only thing though I would need to keep them both :roll:

Big CASE

hey i like the pictures of the trucks . i just got my Deuce about 3m ago and I have be looking for a mount , I think I found one . how hard is it to cut the roof out of the deuce ??

PorscheTech911

Sure wish I could mount my propane 42, maybe not correct but i bet it would work good at getting granny to speed up from 45 in a 55mph work zone! Old farts.... no offense to anyone here of course :-D

comanderfritz

ya then id rather buy a MG3 mount and, well in my case i have a mg42 so i don't have to convert for my 1919, but a conversion for a 1919 will run $30 if you have any kind of welder and can order a bracket that is the same size. my conversion for a MG3 AA mount uses a bracket type thing with a pin trough it. not original but works. so i got the gun attachment part figured but how could i make a swiveling mount for cheap? i would rather have a 1919 mounted without a mg3 ring. thinking of a self designed dash mount or a pole mount in the bed of some sort.

jime

ya then id rather buy a MG3 mount and, well in my case i have a mg42 so i don't have to convert for my 1919, but a conversion for a 1919 will run $30 if you have any kind of welder and can order a bracket that is the same size. my conversion for a MG3 AA mount uses a bracket type thing with a pin trough it. not original but works. so i got the gun attachment part figured but how could i make a swiveling mount for cheap? i would rather have a 1919 mounted without a mg3 ring. thinking of a self designed dash mount or a pole mount in the bed of some sort.
You got the conversion for the mg3 mount worked out for the 1919? I've got the mg3 mount and the 1919 but haven't worked it out yet.

poof

Dirty Hippie
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/37759-30-cal-mount-deuce-made-easy.html

this is my post and pictures..
I fired the short belt off the truck.. with the black sheep crank fire .
all went well.. pipe is thick enough for the welds to be good...
like I say its mostly built as a static display and for parades..... i wouldnt be afrade to shoot more off of it as is... but it was never ment for combat..
I might play with the horizontal legnth of the tube a bit...
but all in all it works well and looks good too... I will work on a travel lock and ammo box for it soon..
J.P.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks