• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

30 inches of snow no match for a CUCV

acesneights1

Hey Guys, Been awhile. Lot going on but thought I would post some pics. Before anyone calls BS on the 30" Look at all the pics. Some were taken in the morning while it was still snowing. This was from the big storm last week. Still cleaning up. But the old M1008 pushed that stuff outta the way up a pretty steep hill at My Mom's. I did a thread awhile back on my plow setup here.

Well we got the most snow I have EVER seen in MY life. I know some places get more but me, I have never seen this much up close. The municpalites around here did a real lousy job. The roads are still impassable. I realize it was a big storm , but this IS New England. Roads are supposed to be kept passable for Emergency Vehichles. State Roads looked good but my town sucks. 5500$/ year in taxes. But anyway enough rant and on to the fun. I used everything I had to move this stuff. My mother's Driveway is 600 ft up a steep hill. I can;'t believe the CUCV was able to climb and push snow up it. I was in disbelief. That thing is an Animal for sure. I had to usemy skid steer to make piles. It's crazy. It literally took my 10 hrs to clean up my house, my mothers and a nieghbors passable. I have more than my driveway to do. I have to make a path into the woods to my firewood pile. That needs some rethinking next year. Gotta make the pile closer to the house. Quad can't breach this much snow. Was nuts...[thumbzup]
BTW the dog in the pics is a Great Dane to give an idea of the height.

Attachments

acesneights1

Nice truck I'm picking my M1008 up this Friday!
Were do you get the 4" lift from and did you put it on?
It was a used lift I bought from a local 4x4 shop. Any lift for a k30 will work. The springs will be a little narrower but will be fine.

Sasquatch

Nice dump, we're in a drought up here, haven't had any since around Christmas!

These trucks are great for plowing, love mine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks