• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3053 Help

Wayne64SS

I have a 3053 I picked up from a buddy that looks to be almost new inside, he was told it was a military rebuild. It spins great and goes through all the gears but I opened it up to inspect it. Everything looks great except the 5th gear synchro is WASTED. Big time wasted. Where can I get a 4-5 synchro assembly. It's a 3053 not a 3053a. I also have a 3052 laying around but it's non overdrive. Will the synchro assemblies interchange? I'm trying to get this ready to go behind the 4-53t Detroit in my F250 so I can get rid of this awful automatic. This is the last peice of the puzzle. I also need a front bearing for the trans and a gasket kit, the bearing is rusty in places and i don't trust it. Where do you guys go for parts for these?

Thanks in advance!
Wayne

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks