• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3053 transmission mount

Wayne64SS

Hi all, I'm new here but I'm putting a 3053a in my pickup truck behind my Detroit. As far as I can tell the 3053 is designed to just hang off the bellhousing and does not take a rear mount anywhere? Am I correct in that? Here is a picture of it setting in there now. Thank you for your help in advance!

IMG_20130419_203517_034.jpg

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
You are correct, it just hangs.

Wayne64SS

What kind of Driptroit are you installing? Inquiring minds want to know......and you know we want to see pics or it ain't happening.
LOL the only REAL Detroit is a 2 stroke.... it's getting the 4-53t it came with when I bought it. However I've removed the allison 540 that was behind it and installed the above mentioned 5 speed, with a 3 speed Spicer 5831B "brownie" behind that. The 4-53t popped a liner o-ring which prompted the rebuild. It has a lot more mods on the list, but I'm knee deep in transmission installations right now. Once these couple cross members and mounts are done I'll be back with pics of the motor.

Thanks,
Wayne

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Some trucks have a leaf spring from frame rail to frame rail that supports the trans rear of hanging trans., this just takes the bounce out of the trans. hanging from the bellhousing