• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3116 hard start in cold weather?

stutzcattle

Hmm the engine is many hunks of metal that work as a unit. It has no intellect therefore it doesn't get an addiction to ether. However how does the engine physically change with the correct use of ether? I understand too much and one can ventilate the block pronto.
I am going out to start A3 and it is 40 Far. right now. I will crank the engine about 5-10 revs and if 3116 goes, Geerreaat! but if it is going to be a stumbling misfire. I'll give it a shot on the cold start. 30-20-10 Far temps I count on using the cold start.
I thinks it is better to get the engine firing cleanly quickly rather than it stumbling and farting while it warms up.
Less harmonic oscillation of the crank when it is firing on all six, less chance of cold lock and the oil is circulating optimally.
When I use the cold start I: get the engine turning at full starter speed before the first shot, maybe add another after the first clears and the engine starts to stumble.
Am I doing it right or am I creating an ether whore?:grd:

I want a block heater, which one fits?

I use standyne lubricity formula diesel fuel additive as well.
I'll resurrect this thread since it's getting cold and I would really like to know which block heater fits in the frost plug hole. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hoefler

Dont lean on starter to long. I did and it caused damage to my copper plate in solenoid. By holding starter to long, you will pit the copper plate. Its an easy fix but a little bit of an exercise to do.
Mine both start with no ether down to about 25 degrees F. I have bought a hotstart heater for mine-however have not installed it yet. Once I do, I will post pictures of the install. I have purchased mine from a fellow SS member. The directions for install look like it was made perfectly to install in an A3. Heat will be better than ether.
Pete

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks