• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3116 injector install

coachgeo

i like this guy

hmmm.... wonder for the cup reamer if you dont have it....... one could:
1. push air into the cylinder somewhere.
2. take old injector and coat end with rubbing compound
3. spin it to cut the cup some for good seat honing (maybe do pre/post depth gauge measures?
4. air introduced into cylinder is to keep pressure blowing up against your old injector your using as a reamer to blow things out and not fall into cylinder.

Ronmar

I wonder what procedure he was following? The only place I have seen the ream process employed was after you replaced the cups to provide a smooth properly angled surface at the correct depth after the new raw cup has been pressed into place. But unless you detect damage, once the surface/angle is established I don’t see reaming them again. both these procedures are in the 34-2 manual under fuel system, and cylinder head repair…

I have seen some DIY options for the cup install and fitment process as this type injector install(inj into malleable pressed cup) is fairly common. The tapered cone gives a very generous sealing surface.

swapping an injector, you would of course want to insure any carbon leakage was removed from the sealing cone surface, but the new injector should push right down into a cleaned already properly formed cone, as the references I have seen indicate…

I suppose they could also be lapped, but getting air into the cylinder would not be easy... You could machine a tool that matches the nose shape/angle of an injector(or make one from an old injector). You would also need a guide for the top of the hole to hold it true. If that tool shaft was hollow, you could put in air from the top…

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks