• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3126 LMTV w/ABS VS 3116 w/o ABS

Stratosurfer

All, I’ve been lurking here for almost 10 years now. I’m finally approaching actually buying an LMTV to build out as an Overland rig. My objective is to also pick up one of those single axle 17 foot LMTV trailers that will go with me most of the time. I live on the Texas coast and will be traveling many highway miles with hi-speed gears to get where I’ll be doing my over landing, and I wanted to ask the group their thoughts on a 3126 versus a 3116 generally. I do like the fact that the later models with the 3126 many times have ABS brakes. I would think on this heavier vehicle when driving in the rain particularly with the trailer loaded, that ABS would be desirable. Any thoughts appreciated. I’m considering doing something rather shortly. Thanks in advance.