• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

318 to 360 swap

w200/m880

Having awoken from hibernation [i hate the cold], i have obtained 15/8 long x 5/16 studs for 4 barrel manifold, fitted 1/4 spacer, drilled this for an 1/8 pipe to give me a vacuum take off for advance, fitted 318 throttle bracket, 360 throttle cable hold down which moves clamp up and away just got to get some suitable pipe for brake servo vacuum and pipe for blow by to get into the filter and i should be good to fire up the 360 with its quadrajet.ALIM3440.jpgALIM3442.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Having awoken from hibernation [i hate the cold], i have obtained 15/8 long x 5/16 studs for 4 barrel manifold, fitted 1/4 spacer, drilled this for an 1/8 pipe to give me a vacuum take off for advance, fitted 318 throttle bracket, 360 throttle cable hold down which moves clamp up and away just got to get some suitable pipe for brake servo vacuum and pipe for blow by to get into the filter and i should be good to fire up the 360 with its quadrajet.View attachment 414053View attachment 414052

Find a vacuum diagram for a vehicle with a Thermoquad. Find the correct port for the distributor vacuum unit. The spacer under the carb will provide a manifold vacuum source. You need a venturi vacuum source for the vacuum advance. If you connect the advance unit to manifold vacuum, you will have full advance at idle. The vacuum advance port on the carb should have little or no vacuum at idle and vacuum should increase with increased engine speed.

w200/m880

this late model carb didnt have a vac advance take off,point taken about full advance at idle though,ive read you have to drill into venturi port and didnt fancy doing that.

Nonotagain

I hope that you used the balancer and torque converter from the 360, as the 360 is an external balanced engine.

Thermo-quads have issues with being warped causing fuel and vacuum leaks.

Long time MOPAR racer..

w200/m880

yes i used front damper,pulleys from 360,used b and m balanced flex plate so i could run original 318 torque converter,thermoquad is a newly rebuilt unit on a 1/4" soft gasket and as im not running it hard hopefully i wont get warpage.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks