• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

33rd Diesel Nats, Englishtown Pics

No.2Diesel

Hi,

On saturday Lex_Ordo took his immaculate M35A2 and I took the M923 on a little roadtrip over to Raceway Park for the big Diesel Truck Show. The Oshkosh went by low-boy so my brother didn't have to do much driving :razz: . Lex was running 90psi in his 11x20 F'stones and almost bounced off the BklynQnsExpwy :) . He ran 60psi on the way back and it was much smoother. The weather was perfect and the trucks were amazing. Too much to see in one day. It should really be a two day event. We convoyed out at 04:45 and ate our favorite Diner on Rte 9 getting to E-town at about 07:30

Everyone enjoyed seeing the military trucks.

Here are just a few pics of the days event:

Attachments

Lex_Ordo

That's a good shot of us on the bridge No. 2, right before the big accident.

It was a lot of fun convoying through the city, and the 60 PSI on the way home was truly better than bouncing all over the roadway. Ha Ha.

No.2Diesel

Driving The Deuce

Driving through or in the City is nothing......Its the tolls and potholes that'll kill ya! :p Just crossing the Verrazano is $36 with 10 wheels touching the ground.

I've made five trips so far this year to the mainland with atleast two more to go driving the Deuce. Depending on time & day you have to pick your poison. Most routes require two tolls (three if you take the NJTpke) The winner for the bounciest route is the Cross Bx Expwy.

If I leave early in the morning and I know I'm going out to I-78 I'll take the Williamsburg Bridge into lower Manhattan and go over to the Holland Tunnel taking Delancey to Broome St. which only requires one toll.

Attachments

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I use to live about 2 miles from that raceway....God I hated that place. Learned a valuable lesson about buying houses, always look to make sure there are no raceways within 10 miles. People would get hopped up on beer and speed and come flying through my neighborhood after each race. It literally got to the point I would stand out in the road forcing them to stop. Police were useless there. Thanks for bringing up my bad memories of that aweful place (LOL).

No.2Diesel

Hi,

Quarkz, I looked at em' but forgot the make, size is 14" x 24". That DM800 was sick.

Yeah Gimpy there were about six twin steer wreckers, boom trucks, rotaters, etc. there. The twin steer rotater/wreckers approach 90,000lb. operating weight. I can't tell you why people like to paint murals of their own truck on their truck but I'm guessing its like having a record of what the truck does or has done. Like caveman painted on walls of their cave :-D . I can't even post some of the murals that were painted on some of these rigs. :p

CARNAC - HAha one of my friends sister bought a house near Cecil County Dragway and didn't know it was there.....hahaha

I can't believe no one got flattened during the event. Hundreds of rigs driving around, no established lanes or aisles, no organization, it was a free for all. We could only take the M923 down the drag strip once during time trials cuz someone blocked all the cross aisles.

It did an e.t. of 28 seconds by the way :p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks