• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

33's and No Lift

Bobert

Continuing with my tire experimentation series, I just got some 33x12.50 tires that I had on backorder.

Here is my 35'' no lift post if interested. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=20368&highlight=33

The 33's fit a lot better than the 35's but, I still just barely hit the fender when I turn.
I think it is just the 15x10 wheels I am using.

I got the tires from http://treadwright.com/ They are retreads and cost $80, $390 shipped for 33'' mud tires.

Pictures to come.

AJMBLAZER

RE: 33

Yeah, definitely the 15x10's. Try them on a set of the stock 15x8's or some aftermarket 15x8's with about 3.5" of backspacing and I bet they'd fit much better. Seen it done enough times to know it works.

Oh yeah, keep an eye on those tires. They look a lot like the HiTech Retread products and are from the same area. I had a set a few years ago and had really bad luck with them and horrible customer service. Others had great luck with them before that so hopefully things are better for you.
I will say we had the Green Diamonds in the muds we bought and they were flat out awesome in the winter. Wish someone here in the States would offer that in new tires.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

I have 33" tires on ours sorry no good pictures but it does lower the RPM at highway speeds and they just look better on the truck. I tinted the back windows too and that really makes it look good.

Bobert

I do like how it runs on the highway and the streets. It still keeps up with traffic just fine.

I think they are the same company but new name maybe. I'll keep an eye on them.

Considering the BFgoodrich mud terrains cost $190 a peice new at my place, I think for $80 It would not be as unfortunate if these went bad. Not too suprised either.

But they look cool. not too loud,
and If I have to get rid of my fancy aluminum wheels, I won't miss them as much as I would part of my fender.

(Again, pay no attention to paint or fancy lugnuts with a key. I did paint the wheels though.)

Attachments

AJMBLAZER

Looks good man.

Performance wise they were great but we had issues with the tread seperating on one after two days and then 8 months later two started to do the same thing. They were just slow to respond and the lady at their office was rude. However I hear she was...involuntarily promoted to unemployed...so maybe it's better. The kicker was when they offered me replacement tires but in a different tread as they wouldn't make my tread any more. The wife got in an accident that totalled the vehicle 3 months later so I just left them on it when they took the vehicle.

86M10086.2L

I had 33x12.50 on 16.5x10.50 rims. looked cool but as you found out they rubbed. When the lift goes in I may put them back on because it looked nice with the big wheels and tires. But for now I'm happy with my 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers on the stock rims.

Bobert

I talked to a guy named joel, and they shipped fast.
We'll see how they do if I have problems.
I'm not sure how long I will keep them on, but I'll watch them.

I'm thinking about fixing my saggy butt. Maybe I will lift it slightly, but he ride height is just about perfect just with the bigger tires.

Here are some more pictures for your viewing pleasure.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks